    worth it or should I put the repair money towards a new one?
    Thanks
    Chris
    chris, May 22, 2007

  2. chris

    Dave Cohen Guest

    chris wrote:
    > My A20 has stopped working from batteries - I put in new batteries
    > and it will not turn on.
    > It works fine from the AC poaer adapter.
    > Does anyone know whether this probelm is repairable? If so, is it
    > worth it or should I put the repair money towards a new one?
    > Thanks
    > Chris

    Cost of professional repair would be more than the camera is worth. The
    problem could be either battery contacts or more likely the socket into
    which you plug the AC adapter.
    This needs to complete the battery circuit when plug is not inserted.
    You might be able to short the connections externally to make the
    circuit permanent and not use the AC adapter which you don't really need
    anyway. I doubt you will be able to get at the actual contacts and
    you'll need to disassemble the camera somewhat. Never done it so don't
    know how hard this is. Maybe it's time for an upgrade.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, May 22, 2007