    Thanks,
    Larry

    , May 30, 2006

  2. Davy Guest

    Is there a reset button? If there isn't one try leaving the batterie
    out overnight.

    Ensure the batteries are ok, you can't just test them on a test meter
    use a proper battery tester as these 'loads' the battery whil
    testing

    I would try a either Nicad or Lithium Ion batteries, I was asked t
    look at a camera that kept cutting off, upon inserting fully charge
    Nicads it worked flawlessly, back in with the dry cells, lo an
    behold... kept cutting off and these was new...

    If using dry cells ensure they are top quality ones like Duracell etc
    because with the El' Cheapo types the voltage will drop like th
    clappers under load

    Other fault's could be a jammed lens or maybe faulty memory card o
    it's connections, but with a jammed lens you would get an E18 erro
    so I think this could be ruled out

    Dav

    Davy, May 30, 2006

  3. DHB Guest

    On 30 May 2006 07:09:06 -0700, wrote:

    >Cannot turn on camera.
    >
    >Batteries OK - but no power.
    >
    >PC connection OK - but won't work - can't find..
    >
    >Any ideas
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Larry

    Larry,
    Make sure the flash memory card door is fully/properly closed.
    I don't have a Canon A410 but do own a Canon A40, A60, A70 & an A95 &
    if I recall correctly they all won't power-up with the door open.

    Also try a set of fresh Alkaline (non-rechargeable) batteries.
    Rechargeable batteries sometimes test OK but can't deliver enough
    power during power-up, so nothing happens.

    Don't mean to be insulting but make absolutely sure the
    battery contacts & battery door contacts are clean & that they are
    installed correctly. It's happened to me a couple of times when in a
    hurry to load 4 freshly charged AA's in 1 of my cameras, was going to
    try another set when I notice *my* error.

    Just proves I am human too!

    Hope your difficulty is as simple as 1 of the above.

    Respectfully, DHB

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    DHB, May 30, 2006
  4. wgd Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Cannot turn on camera.
    >
    > Batteries OK - but no power.
    >
    > PC connection OK - but won't work - can't find..
    >
    > Any ideas

    Yeah, you got a defective camera. I had to RMA a Canon A410 because it
    would not always power on. If I removed the batteries and reinstalled
    them it would usually power on. That seemed to reset something.

    I picked up a refurb A520 direct from Canon, which I like better anyway.

    wgd, May 31, 2006