Canon PIXMA series printers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by George McDaniel, May 9, 2005.

  1. Has anyone found a driver that works? I tried several built-in drivers,
    including the BJC-8000 which works with some Canons, to no avail with my
    iP3000. Thanx.

    Geo
    George McDaniel, May 9, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Andre Da Costa, May 9, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. When I emailed Canon about this very issue, this what they said:

    Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a Canon
    customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. We apologize for
    any difficulties or inconveniences that you may have been experiencing
    locating Windows XP 64-bit drivers for the iP3000 and LiDE 20."

    Canon has not announced plans to develop Windows XP 64-bit drivers for
    the iP3000 or LiDE 20. However, should Windows XP 64-bit drivers be
    developed, these drivers will be posted on our Web site at
    www.canontechsupport.com.

    Thank you for choosing Canon.

    Sincerely,

    Tom
    Technical Support Representative

    "George McDaniel" wrote:

    > Has anyone found a driver that works? I tried several built-in drivers,
    > including the BJC-8000 which works with some Canons, to no avail with my
    > iP3000. Thanx.
    >
    > Geo
    >
    >
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?dGFsb25fMjYy?=, May 11, 2005
    #3
  4. Interesting, but it really sounds like it ain't gonna happen. Actually, I
    did get my printer working using the BJC-8000 driver. In my first post, I
    said that driver wouldn't work for me but that was because I mistakenly set
    it up for LPT1. When I set it up for USB, the printer started working. I
    haven't tried all the options but at least it works.

    Geo

    "talon_262" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I emailed Canon about this very issue, this what they said:
    >
    > Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a Canon
    > customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. We apologize for
    > any difficulties or inconveniences that you may have been experiencing
    > locating Windows XP 64-bit drivers for the iP3000 and LiDE 20."
    >
    > Canon has not announced plans to develop Windows XP 64-bit drivers for
    > the iP3000 or LiDE 20. However, should Windows XP 64-bit drivers be
    > developed, these drivers will be posted on our Web site at
    > www.canontechsupport.com.
    >
    > Thank you for choosing Canon.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Tom
    > Technical Support Representative
    >
    > "George McDaniel" wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone found a driver that works? I tried several built-in drivers,
    >> including the BJC-8000 which works with some Canons, to no avail with my
    >> iP3000. Thanx.
    >>
    >> Geo
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    George McDaniel, May 11, 2005
    #4
  5. Good to hear you have it working. And your experience of getting it working
    as a different model is fairly typical. Rarely do mfgs completely change the
    interface and language of their printers, so if you can find a model that is
    at least similar, it will usually work. May not have exactly the right
    feature set, but you'll be able to print.

    --
    Charlie.

    George McDaniel wrote:
    > Interesting, but it really sounds like it ain't gonna happen.
    > Actually, I did get my printer working using the BJC-8000 driver. In
    > my first post, I said that driver wouldn't work for me but that was
    > because I mistakenly set it up for LPT1. When I set it up for USB,
    > the printer started working. I haven't tried all the options but at
    > least it works.
    > Geo
    >
    > "talon_262" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> When I emailed Canon about this very issue, this what they said:
    >>
    >> Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a
    >> Canon customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. We
    >> apologize for any difficulties or inconveniences that you may have
    >> been experiencing locating Windows XP 64-bit drivers for the iP3000
    >> and LiDE 20." Canon has not announced plans to develop Windows XP 64-bit
    >> drivers
    >> for the iP3000 or LiDE 20. However, should Windows XP 64-bit
    >> drivers be developed, these drivers will be posted on our Web site
    >> at www.canontechsupport.com.
    >>
    >> Thank you for choosing Canon.
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >>
    >> Tom
    >> Technical Support Representative
    >>
    >> "George McDaniel" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone found a driver that works? I tried several built-in
    >>> drivers, including the BJC-8000 which works with some Canons, to no
    >>> avail with my iP3000. Thanx.
    >>>
    >>> Geo
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2005
    #5
  6. "George McDaniel" <> wrote in:

    > Interesting, but it really sounds like it ain't gonna happen.
    > Actually, I did get my printer working using the BJC-8000 driver.
    > In my first post, I said that driver wouldn't work for me but that
    > was because I mistakenly set it up for LPT1. When I set it up for
    > USB, the printer started working. I haven't tried all the options
    > but at least it works.


    It will work nicely but you lose the ability to monitor the ink tanks.


    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>
    David R. Norton MVP, May 11, 2005
    #6
  7. Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > Good to hear you have it working. And your experience of getting it
    > working as a different model is fairly typical. Rarely do mfgs
    > completely change the interface and language of their printers, so if
    > you can find a model that is at least similar, it will usually work.
    > May not have exactly the right feature set, but you'll be able to
    > print.

    Right, I have a HP All in one 6100. Of course no x64 drivers. I had a
    contact with the HP online support and I was told to have a try with the
    990c drivers. It's working. Well, the printer is working, the scanner not
    yet

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    http://msmvps.com/xpditif
    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 11, 2005
    #7
  8. That's good news. Since I'm using an external ink supply, I won't miss the
    ink monitoring capability.

    Geo

    "David R. Norton MVP" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns96535384D5629drnortonyahoocom@127.0.0.1...
    > "George McDaniel" <> wrote in:
    >
    >> Interesting, but it really sounds like it ain't gonna happen.
    >> Actually, I did get my printer working using the BJC-8000 driver.
    >> In my first post, I said that driver wouldn't work for me but that
    >> was because I mistakenly set it up for LPT1. When I set it up for
    >> USB, the printer started working. I haven't tried all the options
    >> but at least it works.

    >
    > It will work nicely but you lose the ability to monitor the ink tanks.
    >
    >
    > --
    > David R. Norton MVP
    > <>
    George McDaniel, May 11, 2005
    #8
  9. "George McDaniel" <> wrote in:

    > "David R. Norton MVP" <> wrote in
    > message news:Xns96535384D5629drnortonyahoocom@127.0.0.1...


    >> It will work nicely but you lose the ability to monitor the ink
    >> tanks.


    > That's good news. Since I'm using an external ink supply, I won't
    > miss the ink monitoring capability.


    Ooooops, I might have given you bad information, what I should have
    said it it works nicely for my Canon S900. If your PIXMA is one of the
    all-in-one models I'm not sure what will happen. Also, if your's is
    the photo printer you *could* lose some resolution. Please let us know
    how it works.


    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>
    David R. Norton MVP, May 12, 2005
    #9
  10. Well, here's the deal. The PIXMA is a photo printer, so I have all kinds of
    options with the proper driver. The BJC-8000 driver only gives me the best,
    standard, and draft options, and I think the best and standard are
    identical. I didn't try the draft option. It also gives me the maintenance
    screen for cleaning, etc, but I didn't want to try any of those just in case
    it might mess things up. I get 11 different media options to print on with
    the proper driver, but only two or three with the BJC-8000 driver.
    Nevertheless, print quality seems to be the same as with the standard option
    using the proper driver.

    I can live with this. Many thanks for your help, guys.

    Geo


    "David R. Norton MVP" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9653AF23FA467drnortonyahoocom@127.0.0.1...
    > "George McDaniel" <> wrote in:
    >
    >> "David R. Norton MVP" <> wrote in
    >> message news:Xns96535384D5629drnortonyahoocom@127.0.0.1...

    >
    >>> It will work nicely but you lose the ability to monitor the ink
    >>> tanks.

    >
    >> That's good news. Since I'm using an external ink supply, I won't
    >> miss the ink monitoring capability.

    >
    > Ooooops, I might have given you bad information, what I should have
    > said it it works nicely for my Canon S900. If your PIXMA is one of the
    > all-in-one models I'm not sure what will happen. Also, if your's is
    > the photo printer you *could* lose some resolution. Please let us know
    > how it works.
    >
    >
    > --
    > David R. Norton MVP
    > <>
    George McDaniel, May 12, 2005
    #10
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. zxcvar
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    3,685
    Dave Martindale
    Sep 9, 2003
  2. Matt Ion

    Opinions on new Canon Pixma printers?

    Matt Ion, Oct 16, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    259
    Kevin McMurtrie
    Oct 17, 2004
  3. Robert11
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,484
    Scott in Florida
    Oct 21, 2004
  4. Jeff

    Photo Printers: Canon PIXMA iP4000 vs iP6000

    Jeff, Dec 29, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    350
    Matt Ion
    Dec 31, 2004
  5. MB_
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    371
    Stewy
    Jan 8, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page