    HAs anyone here seen the orange hue this printer generates?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Tom, Mar 14, 2008

  2. Tom

    Bob Williams Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > Hi, I'm thinking I might buy a Canon Pixma MX700 Color Inkjet MFP Printer
    > but I'm concerned about the PCWorld magazine review which states ". . .
    > Orangey cast to photos on special paper. . " and ". . . Pumpkin-colored
    > people aside, the Pixma MX700 is, overall, one of the strongest
    > multifunction packages I've seen to date. . ."
    > HAs anyone here seen the orange hue this printer generates?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    I do not have this particular printer but IF you do get an orange cast,
    you can get rid of it in the printer driver. Canon provides for
    adjusting the color balance by selecting MANUAL color adjustment under
    PROPERTIES.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Mar 14, 2008

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    "Bob Williams" <> wrote in message
    > Tom wrote:
    >> Hi, I'm thinking I might buy a Canon Pixma MX700 Color Inkjet MFP Printer
    >> but I'm concerned about the PCWorld magazine review which states ". . .
    >> Orangey cast to photos on special paper. . " and ". . . Pumpkin-colored
    >> people aside, the Pixma MX700 is, overall, one of the strongest
    >> multifunction packages I've seen to date. . ."
    >> HAs anyone here seen the orange hue this printer generates?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mike

    > I do not have this particular printer but IF you do get an orange cast,
    > you can get rid of it in the printer driver. Canon provides for adjusting
    > the color balance by selecting MANUAL color adjustment under PROPERTIES.
    > Bob Williams

    Thanks, I'm going to buy the printer.

    Tom, Mar 15, 2008
  4. Tom

    measekite Guest

    I would not buy a MFP printer of any brand unless:

    Space is absolutely critical
    You must have an ADF (Automatic Document Sheet Feeder)

    The advantages of separates are :

    If on function goes bad you do not need to replace the whole thing.
    If technology get a lot better you can upgrade the unit that benefits.
    You can get the best of both breeds.&nbsp; Epson makes the best scanner and Canon makes the best printer.

    Look for an Epson Scanner and a Canon IP4500 for a printer.&nbsp; It is the best standard format printer mfg today.

    Hi, I'm thinking I might buy a Canon Pixma MX700 Color Inkjet MFP Printer but I'm concerned about the PCWorld magazine review which states ". . . Orangey cast to photos on special paper. . " and ". . . Pumpkin-colored people aside, the Pixma MX700 is, overall, one of the strongest multifunction packages I've seen to date. . ." HAs anyone here seen the orange hue this printer generates? Thanks, Mike

    measekite, Mar 15, 2008