    program or maybe it is not installed correctly since once I open the program
    nothing happens. Does anybody have a manual of it? Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!
    camigo, Dec 21, 2003

  2. camigo

    Joe Guest

    On 12/21/2003 06:27 AM, camigo said:
    > I have a digital Power Shot Canon S10 model and would like to use its panoramic
    > feature, I mean, stitch panoramic photos together. The PhotoStitch Version 3.1
    > program is already installed in my PC; however I don't know how to use this
    > program or maybe it is not installed correctly since once I open the program
    > nothing happens. Does anybody have a manual of it? Any help is appreciated.
    > Thanks!

    Ar you trying to run PhotoStitch directly? I've never
    tried that, I use it from ZoomBrowser (which came with my
    Canon S230). In ZoomBrowser, I select the images to
    stitch, then click PhotoStitch over in the left side bar,
    and the wizard kicks in from there.

    --
    Joe
    http://www.joekaz.net/
    Joe, Dec 21, 2003

  3. camigo

    picopir8 Guest

    "camigo" <> wrote in message
    > I have a digital Power Shot Canon S10 model and would like to use its

    panoramic
    > feature, I mean, stitch panoramic photos together. The PhotoStitch Version

    3.1
    > program is already installed in my PC; however I don't know how to use

    this
    > program or maybe it is not installed correctly since once I open the

    program
    > nothing happens. Does anybody have a manual of it? Any help is

    appreciated.
    > Thanks!

    Something is probably wrong w/ your installation. When you open photostich,
    a window comes up which allows you to open the actual app or a panoramic
    file viewer.
    picopir8, Dec 21, 2003
  4. camigo

    Jim Townsend Guest

    camigo wrote:

    > I have a digital Power Shot Canon S10 model and would like to use its
    > panoramic feature, I mean, stitch panoramic photos together. The PhotoStitch
    > Version 3.1 program is already installed in my PC; however I don't know how
    > to use this program or maybe it is not installed correctly since once I open
    > the program nothing happens. Does anybody have a manual of it? Any help is
    > appreciated. Thanks!

    Nothing happens ??

    It's hard to know what is wrong by that description. Are you actually *trying*
    to do anything, or do you just stare at the screen. :)

    If you run it directly, you should be getting the launcher. Choose the
    [Photostitch Merge Images] button.. Photostitch will open.

    Once the program starts, the open button will be highlighted. Click on it.
    Browse through your directories and choose the images you want to merge.

    Follow the buttons to the right and do what they tell you until the image is
    merged.

    For help, click on [help] on the top bar. The help system goes through how to
    open files all the way to the end of the stitching process..

    (It's quite a good program considering how awful Zoombrowser is :)
    Jim Townsend, Dec 21, 2003
  5. camigo

    Randy Rhine Guest

    If you do a lot of panaorama images, you might want to try some of the
    other stitching programs. I've found that Panorama Factory does a better
    job of blending images that the PhotoStich program that came with my
    Canon. You can download trial version of most of these...so...no cost,
    other than time, to do some experimentation.

    Here's a web site that has some info on various pano techniques and
    software....http://www.panoguide.com/

    rr

    Randy Rhine, Dec 21, 2003
  6. camigo

    Guest Guest

    "camigo" <> wrote in message
    > I have a digital Power Shot Canon S10 model and would like to use its

    panoramic
    > feature, I mean, stitch panoramic photos together. The PhotoStitch Version

    3.1
    > program is already installed in my PC; however I don't know how to use

    this
    > program or maybe it is not installed correctly since once I open the

    program
    > nothing happens. Does anybody have a manual of it? Any help is

    appreciated.
    > Thanks!

    I installed only the TWAIN and PhotoStitch. Here are the versions from the 4
    files' properties
    Launcher.exe Canon Utilities PhotoStitch Launcher 3.1.1
    Viewer.exe Canon Utilities Viewer 3.1.2
    stitch.exe 3.1.4
    360view.exe 3.1.2

    launcher.exe opens a dialog. Of two choices, I choose PhotoStitch 3.1. It
    opens. In there, I can use the File menu. Etc etc.
    I tested the app using jpgs saved from the net.

    this on win 98 se

    Guest, Dec 24, 2003