    camera. Any ideas on this mystery? Thanks,

    Kev

    , Dec 27, 2006

  2. Scubabix Guest

    Try plugging it in and THEN turning the camera on. I thought I was having
    the same problem with my 30D until I read the manual again.
    Rob

    Scubabix, Dec 28, 2006

  3. Mark B. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a Canon PhotoShoot S500 and I'm trying to install the driver
    > onto a Dell Latitude D620 laptop running windows XP. The wierd thing
    > is this, the driver installs, but when I plug the usb cable connected
    > to the camera into the laptop, the laptop does not detect its presence.
    > I use the same usb port for other devices and they are detected. Also
    > I use the camera on a deskop computer running XP and it detects the
    > camera. Any ideas on this mystery?

    Get a card reader instead, no messing with drivers. The reader will work on
    any PC w/o having to load drivers first.

    Mark

    Mark B., Dec 28, 2006
  4. Mike Russell Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a Canon PhotoShoot S500 and I'm trying to install the driver
    > onto a Dell Latitude D620 laptop running windows XP. The wierd thing
    > is this, the driver installs, but when I plug the usb cable connected
    > to the camera into the laptop, the laptop does not detect its presence.
    > I use the same usb port for other devices and they are detected. Also
    > I use the camera on a deskop computer running XP and it detects the
    > camera. Any ideas on this mystery? Thanks,

    It's possible that the camera has been previously recognized as a mass
    storage device. One way this could happen would be if you plugged the
    camera in earlier, before installing the Canon software. If that is the
    case, a removable disk icon will appear in the Explorer. Use the Device
    Manager to remove that particular disk, unplug the camera before it is
    recognized, and then re-install the Canon software.

    If that does not address the problem, go into the Device Manager, set the
    "view by connection" option, and look for any unknown USB devices. Remove
    them, and then re-install the Canon software.
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, Dec 28, 2006