    edge here that would be good.

    Thanks for any help

    Mark

    mark.worthington, Apr 9, 2004

  2. writes:

    >Could the group tell me which digital camera they would buy in the
    >4.0megapixel range, and why? For starters, canon A80 or nikon coolpix
    >4300? These both have very good reviews where I've looked. In particular
    >I'm looking at the possibility of doing digiscoping so if any have an
    >edge here that would be good.

    The A80 does take an adapter that provides standard filter screw
    threads. That it turn should make it easier to couple the camera to a
    telescope eyepiece. I don't know if the Nikon provides the same thing.

    Also, look at a used G2. You might be able to get it for the same price
    or less, it has the same CCD as the A80, but it has a larger LCD, RAW
    output, a flash shoe, and will take a Type II CF card.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Apr 10, 2004

  3. mark.worthington

    Guest

    mark.worthington <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone,

    > Could the group tell me which digital camera they would buy in the
    > 4.0megapixel range, and why? For starters, canon A80 or nikon coolpix
    > 4300? These both have very good reviews where I've looked. In particular
    > I'm looking at the possibility of doing digiscoping so if any have an
    > edge here that would be good.

    > Thanks for any help

    Selecting a camera is a personal decision. Canon and Nikon make
    excellent cameras. If you want a review of the two cameras you listed,
    check http://www.dpreview.com and see if any issues that are raised
    for each camera are important to you.

    , Apr 12, 2004