    Maybe I have a 'duff' camera. I just wish I knew so I could take it
    back and say it was faulty.....

    Any thoughts....
    Craig, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Hi Craig,

    First off is to make sure that it is set up for your TV set in the menu
    section for your part of the world, i.e. PAL or NTSC.

    Next is that you are not recording in long play, though I would not expect
    it to degrade the image as much as you mention.

    For further assistance try rec.video & rec.video.desktop.

    Have to say I have had a Canon MV400 for a while with no problems.

    Cheers,
    Stephen
    P.S. contact me if you need further assistance.

    Stephen Leslie, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Craig

    Paul Guest

    Firstly, was the video recorded in daylight? Low light will produce
    noisy video.
    I dont think you can select PAL/NTSC as mentioned in a previous post. If
    you bought the camera outside your own country it will probably not be
    compatible.
    The video you see on your TV will be about the same as analogue if you
    are using the standard analog cable. Get an S-VHS cable to connect it to
    your TV (assuming you have an S-VHS connector on the TV).
    Better yet, download to your computer and create a DVD!

    Paul, Jan 12, 2004