    Google searches have come up empty and the Canon website is no better.

    TIA

    JMS

    JMS, Apr 25, 2004

  2. JMS

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    JMS wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > Does anyone know how to get the Canon Multipass L60 to work with Windows XP?
    >
    > Google searches have come up empty and the Canon website is no better.
    >
    > TIA
    >

    > JMS

    Canon have this to say:

    Windows 2000/XP support?
    This device is not compatible with Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

    Microsoft has stipulated strict certification criteria for the design of
    hardware and device drivers in order to be Windows 2000 or Windows XP
    compatible.
    Windows 2000 and Windows XP are not necessarily backwardly compatible in
    terms of software applications, hardware devices, and device driver
    software. Upgrading to these versions of Windows may require upgrades to
    some of the other software and hardware items being used with the system.
    It is strongly recommended that users consult the Microsoft Windows
    Hardware Compatibility Listing prior to changing their operating system.
    This service is available at the following URL:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hcl/default.asp

    Whilst every effort is made to anticipate future directions of operating
    system design, it is not possible to guarantee compatibility of hardware
    and associated software drivers with unreleased future operating systems.

    This product was designed some time before the certification criteria
    for Windows XP and Windows 2000 became available.

    For this product, Canon advertises compatibility with the following
    operating systems: Windows 95, 98, Millennium Edition (Windows ME)and
    Windows NT 4.0

    Additional note: A limited workaround exists for this issue. Please
    contact our Helpdesk for more information.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Apr 25, 2004