    ) using Winfax?

    I need to be able to set it up in Winfax as a fax modem. Is there a driver
    for that?

    Moon Goddess, Aug 21, 2007

  2. Moon Goddess

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Moon Goddess" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there a way that I can set up my MF3240 to operate using my Winfax 10,
    > so I can keep logs of my fax sending and do other things ( attachments etc
    > ) using Winfax?
    >
    > I need to be able to set it up in Winfax as a fax modem. Is there a driver
    > for that?

    No. Why don't you just get a cheap modem and plug it into your PC?

    WhzzKdd, Aug 21, 2007

  3. Moon Goddess

    Moon Goddess Guest

    "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote :

    > "Moon Goddess" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way that I can set up my MF3240 to operate using my
    >> Winfax 10, so I can keep logs of my fax sending and do other things
    >> ( attachments etc ) using Winfax?
    >>
    >> I need to be able to set it up in Winfax as a fax modem. Is there a
    >> driver for that?
    >>

    > No. Why don't you just get a cheap modem and plug it into your PC?

    There's a great Super G3 modem in the Canon, and the USB port.
    Why can't I access it from the computer?

    Seems like a design flaw to me.

    Moon Goddess, Aug 21, 2007
  4. Moon Goddess

    > "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote :
    >
    >> "Moon Goddess" <> wrote in message
    >>> Is there a way that I can set up my MF3240 to operate using my
    >>> Winfax 10, so I can keep logs of my fax sending and do other things
    >>> ( attachments etc ) using Winfax?
    >>>
    >>> I need to be able to set it up in Winfax as a fax modem. Is there a
    >>> driver for that?
    >>>

    >> No. Why don't you just get a cheap modem and plug it into your PC?

    > There's a great Super G3 modem in the Canon, and the USB port.
    > Why can't I access it from the computer?
    >
    > Seems like a design flaw to me.

    Not really. WinFax is designed to talk to a modem, not a fax machine. (For
    all purposes, WinFax IS a fax machine - just a software based model.) I have
    multi-function printer at work, and I have WinFax on my PC. They aren't made
    to talk to each other.

    WhzzKdd, Aug 23, 2007