    How do you print a manual test page on this printer. Usually you hold down a
    button while powering on, but this bugger has no buttons. (or so I'm told)

    Help.
    Jeff, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Jeff

    pete Guest

    On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:16:24 +1300, Jeff wrote:

    > Trying to help a friend up north with a problem.
    >
    > How do you print a manual test page on this printer. Usually you hold down a
    > button while powering on, but this bugger has no buttons. (or so I'm told)
    >
    > Help.

    Go to
    http://canon.co.nz/products/printers/laser_printers_low_medium_volume/lbp1120_support.aspx
    You can download manuals, look at the FAQ, etc.
    There is an entry in the FAQ about test prints but it appears that it cn
    only be done from the widows printer control panel. There might be
    something in the manual, though. I dodn't download that (5 meg PDF)
    pete, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "pete" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:16:24 +1300, Jeff wrote:
    >
    > > Trying to help a friend up north with a problem.
    > >
    > > How do you print a manual test page on this printer. Usually you hold

    down a
    > > button while powering on, but this bugger has no buttons. (or so I'm

    told)

    > > Help.

    > Go to

    http://canon.co.nz/products/printers/laser_printers_low_medium_volume/lbp112
    0_support.aspx
    > You can download manuals, look at the FAQ, etc.
    > There is an entry in the FAQ about test prints but it appears that it cn
    > only be done from the widows printer control panel. There might be
    > something in the manual, though. I dodn't download that (5 meg PDF)

    Thanks for that. Just started the download.

    I went thru the canon site in NZ and Aussie but I started on the Download
    Manuals button which gave me achoice of product type "printer" then printer
    type "laser - Low - medium" but the resulting list of printers didn't
    include the 1120. Strange.

    Thanks again.
    Jeff, Feb 17, 2004
  4. Jeff

    Keith Guest

    "Jeff" <> wrote in message
    > Trying to help a friend up north with a problem.
    >
    > How do you print a manual test page on this printer. Usually you hold down

    > button while powering on, but this bugger has no buttons. (or so I'm told)
    >
    > Help.

    I have a Canon printer but not the same as the one you mention. I know that
    on my printer after the driver has been installed, it asks for an
    alignment/print test, which on my Win98 PC I do by going: START > SETTINGS >
    PRINTERS. Then I right-click the printer shown, select Properties and then
    on mine it has "Maintenance". So look at the Properties and there may be a
    clue on how to test print.
    Keith, Feb 17, 2004