    Also, I'd like to go to 4GB. Would *that* be a problem?

    --
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Dec 17, 2007

  2. Terry Pinnell

    John Turco Guest

    Terry Pinnell wrote:

    > Before I buy a new SD card I want to be sure it will be OK in my Canon
    > IXUS 60. But the 'Advanced manual' PDF just says:
    > "Recording Media SD memory card/MultiMediaCard
    > This camera has been tested with memory cards through 2GB. All memory
    > card functions cannot be guaranteed."
    >
    > Can anyone advise me on this please?
    >
    > Also, I'd like to go to 4GB. Would *that* be a problem?

    Hello, Terry:

    Earlier generations of digital cameras are incompatible with SDHC
    cards. Therefore, unless it's a relatively new model, your digicam
    is unlikely to support memory capacities of over 2GB.

    In fact, I just found this Wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org> Web
    page, which indicates that the Ixus 60 is, indeed, limited to SD
    and MMC media:

    Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Canon Digital IXUS
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_Digital_IXUS>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Dec 25, 2007