Canon Ixus 500 / Powershot S500 Waterproof Housing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tom Davis, Jan 24, 2005.

  1. Tom Davis

    Tom Davis Guest

    Hi all,

    Just a quick question; I'm looking at buying a waterproof housing for my
    Canon Ixus 500 (U.K.) / Powershot S500 (U.S). The case that fits is the
    WP-DC800.

    However, I'm unclear how deep I can go with it. Some websites list it as
    30 metres and others list it as 40 metres. Have some just got it wrong,
    or do Canon really do two models under the same name?!

    See:
    30m
    http://www.bargainbuys365.co.uk/home.aspx?ProductDetailID=1&ProductID=7089&refId=froogle_bb

    and 40m
    http://www.cameras2u.com/products/details.cfm?PRODUCT=8516A001AA WPDC800

    Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I've mailed Canon but
    they're not answering!

    Regards,

    Tom Davis
    Tom Davis, Jan 24, 2005