Canon IXUS 430 error/Canon UK support

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by James, Aug 31, 2004.

  1. James

    James Guest

    Newbie - apologies, I haven't read the FAQ but I have checked the
    Google archive for similar threads.

    I think a problem similar to the one concerning the Ixus II and
    reading memory cards now seems to be occurring with the Ixus 430.
    After four days of perfectly normal functioning, my new Ixus 430
    refused to recognise the bundled memory card (it still worked in the
    printer's card reader), and refused to recognise a new, non-Canon
    card. Anyone else have similar problems?

    More problematic - an hour and a half on the phone to Canon support
    produced only a lot of jingles and three conversations with very
    harassed young ladies whose English was less than perfect, and whose
    technical knowledge was negligible. Getting through to a technician is
    impossible, I've given up and gone back to the vendor who seems
    prepared to replace the unit if shown proof of purchase. Nice camera,
    but lousy, lousy customer service. I have now written to Canon head
    office. Similar experiences?

    Cheers,

    James.
    James, Aug 31, 2004