    Best wishes

    Richard Kingslake
    Glasgow, Scotland

    Richard Kingslake, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Richard Kingslake

    Louise Guest

    I've had the Canon for a year. It's the best camera I've ever owned. I take
    it everywhere, plus the photos are fantastic!

    "Richard Kingslake" <> wrote in message
    I want to purchase a good, 4-megapixel digital camera that has plenty of
    features, but can still be used "point-and-shoot"

    I have searched all the data I can get hold of and have reduced my choice
    down to two: The Canon Ixus 400 (in USA it may be known as the Elph 400, I
    don't know) and the Pentax S4. Both seem excellent cameras. Has anyone got
    any opinions about each of these to help me choose?

    Best wishes

    Richard Kingslake
    Glasgow, Scotland

    Louise, Feb 24, 2004

  3. "Richard Kingslake" <> wrote in message
    > I want to purchase a good, 4-megapixel digital camera that has plenty of
    > features, but can still be used "point-and-shoot"
    >
    > I have searched all the data I can get hold of and have reduced my choice
    > down to two: The Canon Ixus 400 (in USA it may be known as the Elph 400, I
    > don't know) and the Pentax S4. Both seem excellent cameras. Has anyone got
    > any opinions about each of these to help me choose?

    Buy whichever one uses Compact Flash. The S400.

    Steven M. Scharf, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Richard Kingslake

    Leonard Guest

    Richard Kingslake wrote:
    > I want to purchase a good, 4-megapixel digital camera that has plenty of
    > features, but can still be used "point-and-shoot"
    >
    > I have searched all the data I can get hold of and have reduced my choice
    > down to two: The Canon Ixus 400 (in USA it may be known as the Elph 400, I
    > don't know) and the Pentax S4. Both seem excellent cameras. Has anyone got
    > any opinions about each of these to help me choose?

    Richard,

    I've been looking at the same two cameras. The Ixus seems
    capable of better output than the Optio, probably due to
    its larger sensor and less outrageous lens mechanics.

    However, the Optio is incredibly small and light even
    compared to cameras like the Ixus, and for many people
    this will be more important than improvements in image
    quality that can only be seen by close inspection of
    a big print or on-screen enlargement.

    Try making a print of one of the S4 images on imaging-resource.com
    and see if it is good enough for your needs.

    - Len

    Leonard, Feb 25, 2004