    MP and the ixus 2 is a 3.2 MP. Why are they about the same price ? Are
    they just as good ?
    Any help appreciated !!
    David J. Gilmour, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Hi Graham,

    I am gonna tour soon and will come to your place , promised :).

    Did you buy the new Ixus digital II camera ? And is this one worse than the Ixus
    400 which has a 4.0 MP camera ? From what you say I would not buy the new IXUS
    II 3.2.

    Dave

    David J. Gilmour, Jul 17, 2003

  3. David J. Gilmour

    J Guest

    I don't know what the IXUS II 3.2 is in Canada but I have a Canon S230. I
    think it's called the IXUS V3...take a look at that camera if you want a
    nice compact digicam!

    J, Jul 17, 2003
  4. J schreef:

    > I don't know what the IXUS II 3.2 is in Canada but I have a Canon S230. I
    > think it's called the IXUS V3...take a look at that camera if you want a
    > nice compact digicam!

    I am talking about the new V3 which is called ISUX DIGITAL II in europe, it came
    out last month
    David J. Gilmour, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Hi Dave , when are you and the Floyd on tour again ? ;-)

    Graham Jackman, Jul 18, 2003
  6. David J. Gilmour

    Guest

    J schreef:

    > ohhhh, k
    > The SD100...it uses SD cards right?
    > I have the V3 and the SD100/IXUS DII is supposed to be very, very similar.
    > I think the SD100 is slightly smaller...but the battery life might be
    > slightly longer. Check here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonsd100/
    > I've had my S230/V3 for about a month now and I'm very happy with it! I
    > decided against buying the S400 because I didn't really need the extra zoom
    > and mp...plus I wanted to spend that money on accessories!

    THANX for the review url. I think I am gonna get the S400, it's only $30 more
    expensive here in Holland,
    best price for the IXUS II is Euro 469 and Euro 499 for the S400. The S400 got a
    better review and is a 4.0 MP camera which gives just the slight edge over the
    IXUS 3.2.
    , Jul 18, 2003
  7. David J. Gilmour

    Pat Chaney Guest

    Pat Chaney, Jul 20, 2003
  8. David J. Gilmour

    dslr Guest

    Pat Chaney wrote:

    > On 19/7/03 11:54 pm, ""
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > one more thing. I found out today that reviews are rather subjective.

    > ... and in magazines, often influenced by advertising revenues.
    > </cynicism>

    Oi, this isn't uk.rec.photo.misc, you know ;-)

    --
    regards,
    dslr
    dslr, Jul 20, 2003