    leo Guest

    Has anybody seen it? It looks like a good printer in that price range, isn't
    it?

    leo, Feb 26, 2004

  2. leo

    Alan F Cross Guest

    In message <tWb%b.9669$>, leo
    <> writes
    >Has anybody seen it? It looks like a good printer in that price range, isn't
    >it?

    (Aside: I believe this is called the i9950 in Europe)

    Suggest you ask probing questions about print life, if that is important
    to you. Canon shout about 'brilliant colours', but I personally want
    those colours still to be there next year and the year after -
    especially for the prints that I sell!

    Anyone know of any accelerated tests yet?
    --
    Alan F Cross

    Alan F Cross, Feb 26, 2004

  3. leo

    Rabid Guest

    saw it working at the Focus on Imaging show on Monday.

    If I remember the number right, it was doing an A3 portrait print of Big
    Ben at dusk, I was very impressed, so were most others.

    Rabid, Feb 26, 2004
  4. leo

    Alan F Cross Guest

    I saw it printing the same image there on Tuesday. What I thought
    remarkable was that, while the image was impressive, it did not give any
    indication of colour fidelity. Big Ben at dusk with a mixture of
    lighting sources is impossible to judge - perhaps that's why they chose
    it! Now where are the flesh tones and gentle gradations of colour on
    this printer?

    I was impressed, too, but that feeling didn't last all that long!

    In message <Ujs%b.1204$6l4.1009@newsfe1-win>, Rabid
    <> writes

    --
    Alan F Cross

    Alan F Cross, Feb 26, 2004
  5. leo

    Ken Ashcroft Guest

    I also saw that image which was awesome. I asked for an A4 sample, but
    they could not do it. I got an alternative, which was excellent but not
    very helpful in assessing print quality. A few years ago when the S800
    was current they had some drum scanned images, which printed out in
    wonderful detail.
    In message <>, Alan F Cross
    <> writes

    --

    Ken Ashcroft

    Ken Ashcroft, Feb 28, 2004
  6. leo

    RAD Guest

    leo wrote:
    > Has anybody seen it? It looks like a good printer in that price range, isn't
    > it?

    I knew it. Just got the i9100 and the improved i9900 comes out. Wonder
    how the new inks will be, and how much they will cost and how long they
    will last (how many prints).

    RAD

    RAD, Mar 2, 2004