    Is the new one "meaningfully" better, etc. ?

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Robert11

    bmoag Guest

    Until Canon improves the way its drivers implement Adobe style color
    management I do not believe it matters much what they do to the mechanics of
    their printers. In fact I doubt there is more than a packaging change in
    their latest and greatest. Canon has mastered the modern marketing art of
    short product cycle times across much of their consumer line.
    bmoag, Oct 20, 2004

  3. On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:14:31 -0400, "Robert11" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Seems like Canon, and the rest, can't go 3 months without introducing a new
    >camera or photo printer.
    >
    >Was wondering if anyone would care to compare the printer I now have,
    >a Canon i960 against their latest offering which seems to be
    >pretty much the same price, their Pixma P6000D (site says it's a 6 color).
    >
    >Is the new one "meaningfully" better, etc. ?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Bob

    I'd be interested, also.

    Perhaps we can find a retailer with one setup. Then we could print
    one on our i960 and the P6000D and compare the results...

    --
    Scott in Florida
    Scott in Florida, Oct 21, 2004