    TIA
    Osiris
    , Nov 5, 2005

  2. John Inzer Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi
    > Running windows XP home edition with SP2
    > my problem is that the printer won't print grey when I
    > print photos I get a green hue over the picture and when
    > I print a test image from
    > http://www.misterinkjet.com/images/testprint.jpg the
    > grey areas come out green I have changed the cartridges
    > and the printhead all other printing is fine (word and
    > excel docs ) when I check the grey scale box the printer
    > prints several different shades of grey ok then ,
    > I have run the printhead alignment and nozzle check
    > programmes that are in the maintence tab but to be honest
    > I'm not sure what i should be looking at but they look ok
    > (the new printhead has only been in a couple of hrs)
    > I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it I have
    > installed it on another machine all with the same results
    > I have consulted with canon europes FAQ in their website
    > The printer is approx 18 mths old and has been no problem
    > has anybody got any ideas what the the problem is or am i
    > left with a printer that won't print grey
    >
    > TIA
    > Osiris

    Did you try searching the Canon site for an
    updated printer driver?

    Canon i865 9/12/2004
    http://tinyurl.com/cky53

    Also...the following articles may offer some ideas:

    (314085) Troubleshooting General Printing
    Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314085

    (308028) Resources for Troubleshooting
    Printing Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308028

    --

    John Inzer
    John Inzer, Nov 5, 2005

  3. Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 14:05:16 +0000 (UTC),
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >Running windows XP home edition with SP2
    >my problem is that the printer won't print grey when I print photos I
    >get a green hue over the picture and when I print a test image from
    >http://www.misterinkjet.com/images/testprint.jpg the grey areas come
    >out green I have changed the cartridges and the printhead all other
    >printing is fine (word and excel docs ) when I check the grey scale
    >box the printer prints several different shades of grey ok then ,
    >I have run the printhead alignment and nozzle check programmes that
    >are in the maintence tab but to be honest I'm not sure what i should
    >be looking at but they look ok (the new printhead has only been in a
    >couple of hrs)
    >I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it I have installed it
    >on another machine all with the same results
    >I have consulted with canon europes FAQ in their website
    >The printer is approx 18 mths old and has been no problem has anybody
    >got any ideas what the the problem is or am i left with a printer that
    >won't print grey
    >
    >TIA
    >Osiris

    togetmorerepliestrypunctuatingyourquestion

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Nov 5, 2005
  4. Guest

    Thanks for your help i went back and added punctuation and guess what
    it fixed my printer

    On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 10:18:36 +1100, Jimmy Dean <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 14:05:16 +0000 (UTC),
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>Running windows XP home edition with SP2
    >>my problem is that the printer won't print grey when I print photos I
    >>get a green hue over the picture and when I print a test image from
    >>http://www.misterinkjet.com/images/testprint.jpg the grey areas come
    >>out green I have changed the cartridges and the printhead all other
    >>printing is fine (word and excel docs ) when I check the grey scale
    >>box the printer prints several different shades of grey ok then ,
    >>I have run the printhead alignment and nozzle check programmes that
    >>are in the maintence tab but to be honest I'm not sure what i should
    >>be looking at but they look ok (the new printhead has only been in a
    >>couple of hrs)
    >>I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it I have installed it
    >>on another machine all with the same results
    >>I have consulted with canon europes FAQ in their website
    >>The printer is approx 18 mths old and has been no problem has anybody
    >>got any ideas what the the problem is or am i left with a printer that
    >>won't print grey
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>Osiris

    >togetmorerepliestrypunctuatingyourquestion
    >
    >jd
    , Nov 6, 2005
  5. Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > Thanks for your help i went back and added punctuation and guess what
    > it fixed my printer

    Are you using an old cable?
    If the printer works on it's own (the test print) and doesn't work for
    a printout, it must be a corruption in the data coming out of the
    process or a bad cable.
    Mitch, Nov 6, 2005
  6. Have you tried to fix it with sarcasm before?
    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Nov 6, 2005
  7. Guest

    On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 07:04:38 GMT, Mitch <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for your help i went back and added punctuation and guess what
    >> it fixed my printer
    >>

    >Are you using an old cable?
    >If the printer works on it's own (the test print) and doesn't work for
    >a printout, it must be a corruption in the data coming out of the
    >process or a bad cable.

    Thanks I was beginning to think along those lines myself will buy a
    new cable tomorrow and try it
    , Nov 6, 2005