    have plenty of it I would like to use.

    Thanks
    Sam

    Sam Anderson, Dec 19, 2003

  2. "Sam Anderson" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > My Epson 925 just bit the dust som I am looking to replace it, maybe with

    > Canon i860. I was hoping I could get some comments from somebody using

    this
    > printer? Any experience using it with Epson premium glossy photo paper?

    > have plenty of it I would like to use.

    Recommendation usenet: comp.periphs.printers Good, active group...

    The most obvious comment is that Canon is a little bit more expensive in the
    store, but has something like half the printing cost. The Canon cartridges
    are much simpler and has lower prices /even among pirate tanks.

    Morgan O.

    Morgan Ohlson, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Sam Anderson

    joe.harman Guest

    Get the Canon...I have one it is superb for photos and cheap to run

    joe.harman, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Sam Anderson

    Joanne Guest

    I just got this printer a week ago (early Christmas present!), and I
    *highly* recommend it. The difference in printing photos compared to my old
    HP amazed me! Less expensive than the i960 and it has a separate black ink
    cartridge for text which the 960 doesn't.

    I haven't used the Epson paper but it works great with the cheap JetPrint
    paper I bought at Wal-Mart.

    Joanne, Dec 19, 2003
  5. Sam Anderson

    AC Guest

    Great printer! I've been printing 4 X 6 and several 8.5 X 11 and it
    does not use lots of ink. I agree with the other replies: This
    awesome printer uses better ink consumables than the competitors.
    I've tried Epson and HP inkjet printers. Yes, I paid less for the
    printer but they are poor performers when it comes to ink consumables.
    The separate ink tanks are great too! You only buy the ones that you
    use the most(i.e. Photo black, text black, yellow, magenta and blue)

    Check these reviews for more info:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ce&s=electronics&n=507846&vi=customer-reviews

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/canon_i860.html

    Highly recommended!!!

    regards,
    AC

    AC, Dec 19, 2003
  6. Sam Anderson

    TCG Guest

    I talked to a Canon rep at one of the local computer
    super stores. She said Canon would print well on any
    brand paper except Epson brand. She said there was
    something about the coating Epson uses.

    For what it's worth.
    Matt

    TCG, Dec 19, 2003