Canon i550 Unresponsive...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by meerkat, Mar 25, 2007.

  1. meerkat

    meerkat Guest

    "tRuthvalue" <> wrote in message
    >I have a "low mileage" Canon i550 printer that mysteriously decided one day
    > to stop printing. Ink is full and obvious mechanical functions are
    > working,
    > but when a print request is initiated from the PC, all you get is a
    > blinking
    > green light on the top. The diagnostics end up leading you in circles with
    > final advice to contact Canon. I unplugged both ends of the parallel
    > cable,
    > cleaned the contacts, and replaced it.
    >
    > The print quality was great right up until the day it just decided to sit
    > there and blink. Although it's "low mileage" it's been out of warranty
    > for
    > several years, so I thought I'd see if anyone here had the same
    > experience,
    > and could point me to a known simple fix that a non-electrical engineer
    > could perform!

    Most printers allow you to do a `self test` ?.

    meerkat, Mar 25, 2007

  2. meerkat

    WhzzKdd Guest

    >I have a "low mileage" Canon i550 printer that mysteriously decided one day
    > to stop printing.
    >
    > The diagnostics end up leading you in circles with
    > final advice to contact Canon.

    There's your answer ... contact Canon. What's so hard to understand about
    that?

    Usually when I get a "contact the manufacturer" message, I see if their
    support website has an online "chat" option rather than calling them.

    WhzzKdd, Mar 25, 2007

  3. meerkat

    tRuthvalue Guest

    I have a "low mileage" Canon i550 printer that mysteriously decided one day
    to stop printing. Ink is full and obvious mechanical functions are working,
    but when a print request is initiated from the PC, all you get is a blinking
    green light on the top. The diagnostics end up leading you in circles with
    final advice to contact Canon. I unplugged both ends of the parallel cable,
    cleaned the contacts, and replaced it.

    The print quality was great right up until the day it just decided to sit
    there and blink. Although it's "low mileage" it's been out of warranty for
    several years, so I thought I'd see if anyone here had the same experience,
    and could point me to a known simple fix that a non-electrical engineer
    could perform!

    Thanks in advance,

    --tRuth

    tRuthvalue, Mar 25, 2007