    I just purchased a Canon G9. I want the fastest card, without overkill.
    This is a 12 megapixel camera capable of 1.5 fps in continuous mode. Any
    help will be appreciated.
    John, Apr 27, 2008

  2. John

    canon.user Guest

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:32:07 -0400 'John'
    wrote this on rec.photo.digital:

    >I just purchased a Canon G9. I want the fastest card, without overkill.
    >This is a 12 megapixel camera capable of 1.5 fps in continuous mode. Any
    >help will be appreciated.

    IIUC in continuous mode the camera keeps taking pix and temporarily
    stores them in internal memory. When you stop, it processes the pix
    onto the flash card. If I'm right, the speed of the card is less
    important than if each pic was processed at it was taken. That's how
    my current S70 works I believe.

    Someone will confirm or deny all that...

    Apart from that, I'd be pleased to read your opinions after you've
    used the G9 for a while. It's currently No.1 on my wish list...
    I just wish the zoom was longer, maybe 300mm.
    canon.user, Apr 27, 2008

  3. John

    canon.user Guest

    canon.user, Apr 27, 2008
  4. John

    Bob Williams Guest

    John wrote:
    > I just purchased a Canon G9. I want the fastest card, without overkill.
    > This is a 12 megapixel camera capable of 1.5 fps in continuous mode. Any
    > help will be appreciated.

    I think that the G9 camera itself will be the slow step in acquiring and
    storing images, so extreme card speed is not all that important for that
    function......BUT..... For cards larger than a few GB, downloading
    images to your computer can be time consuming with slow cards.
    I'd recommend something like a 4 GB card with a speed of at least 150X.
    Bob Williams
    Bob Williams, Apr 27, 2008