    Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Al Dykes, Nov 11, 2007

  2. Al Dykes

    John Bean Guest

    On 11 Nov 2007 15:11:09 -0500, (Al Dykes)
    wrote:

    >Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

    No.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Nov 11, 2007

  3. Al Dykes

    Le Patriote Guest

    "Al Dykes" <> a écrit dans le message de

    > Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

    you will probably have to wait until Adobe update ACR.

    Le Patriote, Nov 11, 2007
  4. Al Dykes

    Al Dykes Guest

    In article <uvLZi.8606$>,
    Le Patriote <> wrote:

    >"Al Dykes" <> a écrit dans le message de
    >>
    >> Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

    >you will probably have to wait until Adobe update ACR.

    Does Adobe update ACR for CS2?

    Al Dykes, Nov 11, 2007
  5. Al Dykes

    brandon foxx Guest

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:38:26 -0500, "Le Patriote" <> wrote:

    >"Al Dykes" <> a écrit dans le message de
    >>
    >> Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

    >you will probably have to wait until Adobe update ACR.

    Or just use PhotoLine 32 to see if it can open them (which I bet it will, in 6
    different RAW data demosaicing algorithms no less). Then you'll also see the
    difference between a 16-bit PhotoShop platform (Windows 1.0 quality), compared
    to a full 32 bit math platform.

    brandon foxx, Nov 12, 2007
  6. Al Dykes

    > In article <uvLZi.8606$>,
    > Le Patriote <> wrote:
    > >
    > >"Al Dykes" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > >>
    > >> Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

    > >you will probably have to wait until Adobe update ACR.
    > >

    > Does Adobe update ACR for CS2?

    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3587

    I dont think it support the G9 and Im not sure if Adobe will make another
    version of ACR for CS/CS2. They are like Microsoft now, they want to force
    us to upgrade.

    Cameras supported by the Photoshop Camera Raw 3.7 plug-in
    The Photoshop Camera Raw 3.7 plug-in replaces the previous versions of the
    Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in for Bridge CS2, Photoshop CS2, Photoshop
    Elements 5.0, Photoshop Elements 4.0, and Premiere Elements 3.0. You can
    download the plug-in from the Product Updates page on the Adobe web site. It
    supports camera raw files from the following camera models:

    Canon

    a.. EOS-1D
    b.. EOS-1D Mark II
    c.. EOS 1D Mark II N
    d.. EOS-1Ds
    e.. EOS-1Ds Mark II
    f.. EOS 5D
    g.. EOS 10D
    h.. EOS 20D
    i.. EOS 20Da
    j.. EOS 30D
    k.. EOS D30
    l.. EOS D60
    m.. EOS Digital Rebel (EOS 300D/EOS Kiss Digital)
    n.. EOS Digital Rebel XT (EOS 350D/EOS Kiss Digital N)
    o.. EOS Digital Rebel XTi (EOS 400D/EOS Kiss Digital X)
    p.. PowerShot 600
    q.. PowerShot A5
    r.. PowerShot A50
    s.. PowerShot S30
    t.. PowerShot S40
    u.. PowerShot S45
    v.. PowerShot S50
    w.. PowerShot S60
    x.. PowerShot S70
    y.. PowerShot G1
    z.. PowerShot G2
    aa.. PowerShot G3
    ab.. PowerShot G5
    ac.. PowerShot G6
    ad.. PowerShot Pro 1
    ae.. PowerShot Pro 70
    af.. PowerShot Pro90 IS
    Contax

    a.. N Digital
    Epson

    a.. R-D1
    b.. R-D1s
    Fujifilm

    a.. FinePix E900
    b.. FinePix F700
    c.. FinePix S2 Pro
    d.. FinePix S3 Pro
    e.. FinePix S20 Pro
    f.. FinePix S5000 Z
    g.. FinePix S5200/5600
    h.. FinePix S6000fd/S6500fd
    i.. FinePix S7000 Z
    j.. FinePix S9000/9500
    k.. FinePix S9100/9600
    Kodak

    a.. DCS 14n
    b.. DCS Pro 14nx
    c.. DCS720x
    d.. DCS760
    e.. DCS Pro SLR/n
    f.. EasyShare P712
    g.. EasyShare P850
    h.. EasyShare P880
    Konica Minolta

    a.. Alpha Sweet Digital (Japan)
    b.. Alpha-5 Digital (China)
    c.. DiMAGE A1
    d.. DiMAGE A2
    e.. DiMAGE A200
    f.. DiMAGE 5
    g.. DiMAGE 7
    h.. DiMAGE 7i
    i.. DiMAGE 7Hi
    j.. Maxxum 5D/Dynax 5D
    k.. Maxxum 7D/Dynax 7D
    Leaf

    a.. Aptus 22
    b.. Aptus 65
    c.. Aptus 75
    d.. Valeo 6
    e.. Valeo 11
    f.. Valeo 17
    g.. Valeo 22
    Leica

    a.. D-Lux 2
    b.. D-Lux 3
    c.. Digilux 2
    d.. Digilux 3
    e.. V-LUX 1
    Mamiya

    a.. ZD
    Nikon

    a.. D1
    b.. D1H
    c.. D1X
    d.. D2H
    e.. D2Hs
    f.. D2X
    g.. D2Xs
    h.. D40*
    i.. D50
    j.. D70
    k.. D70s
    l.. D80
    m.. D100
    n.. D200
    o.. Coolpix 5000
    p.. Coolpix 5400
    q.. Coolpix 5700
    r.. Coolpix 8400
    s.. Coolpix 8700
    t.. Coolpix 8800
    Olympus

    a.. E-1
    b.. E-10
    c.. E-20
    d.. EVOLT E-300
    e.. EVOLT E-330
    f.. EVOLT E-400
    g.. EVOLT E-500
    h.. C-5050 Zoom
    i.. C-5060 Zoom
    j.. C-7070 Wide Zoom
    k.. C-8080 Wide Zoom
    l.. SP-310
    m.. SP-320
    n.. SP-350
    o.. SP-500UZ
    p.. SP-510 UZ
    Panasonic

    a.. DMC-FZ30
    b.. DMC-FZ50
    c.. DMC-L1
    d.. DMC-LC1
    e.. DMC-LX1
    f.. DMC-LX2
    Pentax

    a.. *ist D
    b.. *ist DL
    c.. *ist DL2
    d.. *ist DS
    e.. *ist DS2
    f.. K10D*
    g.. K100D
    h.. K110D
    Samsung

    a.. GX-1L
    b.. GX-1S
    Sigma

    a.. SD9
    b.. SD10
    Sony

    a.. A100
    b.. DSC-F828
    c.. DSC-R1
    d.. DSC-V3
    *New to this release of the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in.

    DNG native cameras
    The Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in versions 2.3 and later can open DNG
    (Digital Negative) files. Cameras that natively capture files in the DNG
    format are therefore compatible with the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in. For
    more information about the DNG format, visit the Digital Negative page on
    the Adobe website.

    The following cameras can capture in the DNG format. In the future, more
    camera models may add support for the DNG format. Consult the documentation
    for your camera for information on whether your camera has this capability.

    Hasselblad

    a.. H2D
    Leica

    a.. Digital-Modul-R
    b.. M8
    Pentax

    a.. K10D
    Ricoh

    a.. GR Digital
    Samsung

    a.. Pro 815

    Le Patriote, Nov 12, 2007
  7. Al Dykes

    Le Patriote Guest

    > Or just use PhotoLine 32 to see if it can open them (which I bet it will,

    in 6
    > different RAW data demosaicing algorithms no less). Then you'll also see

    the
    > difference between a 16-bit PhotoShop platform (Windows 1.0 quality),

    compared
    > to a full 32 bit math platform.

    you wont see any difference, Photoline 32 is all but great.

    Stay with your CS/CS2/CS3

    Le Patriote, Nov 12, 2007
  8. Al Dykes

    ivan_jessel Guest

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:45:46 -0500, "Le Patriote" <> wrote:

    >> Or just use PhotoLine 32 to see if it can open them (which I bet it will,

    >in 6
    >> different RAW data demosaicing algorithms no less). Then you'll also see

    >the
    >> difference between a 16-bit PhotoShop platform (Windows 1.0 quality),

    >compared
    >> to a full 32 bit math platform.

    >you wont see any difference, Photoline 32 is all but great.
    >
    >Stay with your CS/CS2/CS3

    If you do stay with CS/CS2/CS3 then every time you try to level/rotate an image
    or resize your image PhotoShop will blur any details due to only having bicubic
    as its best resampling algorithm. Any time you try to edit 16-bit images it will
    throw away half your data in having to round off any values above its 16-bit
    math limitations. You spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on your camera
    only to spend another $700 on software to blur your images and throw away half
    of your valuable data. That's so smart of you. If your vision isn't good enough
    to notice any of this, then by all means, please do keep using PhotoShop. Far be
    it from me stopping you from making your images worse than they already are.

    I'm beginning to see how Adobe is able to charge so much money, they work off of
    P.T. Barnum's money-making side-show scam. "There's a sucker born every minute."
    The only difference is that Adobe's customers _are_ the side-show. So much for
    all those "PhotoShop Pros" having any credibility. They're not even bright
    enough to know how to pick out editing software that won't ruin their images.
    When you stop to think how long they've been this stupid it boggles the mind.

    ivan_jessel, Nov 12, 2007
  9. Al Dykes

    John Bean Guest

    On 11 Nov 2007 17:48:05 -0500, (Al Dykes)
    wrote:

    >In article <uvLZi.8606$>,
    >Le Patriote <> wrote:
    >>
    >>"Al Dykes" <> a écrit dans le message de
    >>>
    >>> Can my Photoshop CS handle the RAW files from a Canon G9?

    >>you will probably have to wait until Adobe update ACR.
    >>

    >Does Adobe update ACR for CS2?

    No, CS2 is obsolete just like CS.

    When ACR (for CS3) is updated to include your camera you can
    use the same updated version of the free stand-alone DNG
    converter to convert your Canon raw files to DNG format,
    which can be opened with any version of ACR from 2.4
    onwards, so you can use CS to open them.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Nov 12, 2007