    wondering if anyone has any heads-up on a follow-up to it...when and what it
    will be like. Trying to figure the right time to either jump in on the G6 or
    wait until the next version comes out.

    Bob Hayden, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Bob Hayden

    Dave Cohen Guest

    You'll never win. If a new version comes out it will be higher priced to
    begin. You might gain a little if you wait for the newer version and pick up
    the G6 at a reduced price. Personally I think the G6 is a great camera, I
    opted for the A95, smaller, AA batteries and less money, but a friend has
    the G6. I would think if one were looking up from a G6 then perhaps a DSLR.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Mar 12, 2005

  3. Bob Hayden

    Mark B. Guest

    "Bob Hayden" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking at a new digicam to replace my aging Oly D490 and the Canon G6
    > seems closest to fitting the bill. I thas been out awhile now, so I was
    > wondering if anyone has any heads-up on a follow-up to it...when and what
    > it
    > will be like. Trying to figure the right time to either jump in on the G6
    > or
    > wait until the next version comes out.

    Good grief, it's just over 6 months old. Don't look for a successor until
    at least fall of this year. Just buy a cam that fits your needs now.

    Mark

    Mark B., Mar 12, 2005
  4. On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:23:29 GMT, "Bob Hayden" <>
    wrote:

    >I'm looking at a new digicam to replace my aging Oly D490 and the Canon G6
    >seems closest to fitting the bill. I thas been out awhile now, so I was
    >wondering if anyone has any heads-up on a follow-up to it...when and what it
    >will be like. Trying to figure the right time to either jump in on the G6 or
    >wait until the next version comes out.

    The right time is now. Whenever you buy, there will always be something
    new in a few months - there's no point in worrying about it.

    --
    Stephen Poley

    Stephen Poley, Mar 12, 2005