    wondering if and how well the 420EX would be compatible with the Powershot
    G6 digital camera.

    Any and all advice and info appreciated.

    Bob Hayden, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Yes, It will work fine. At Least Mine does.

    Andrew Cripps, Oct 26, 2004

  3. Bob Hayden

    Mark M Guest

    "Bob Hayden" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking at a new digital camera for Christmas to replace our well-used
    > Oly D-490 and had been looking at the Canon A95. However, we take a lot of
    > flash shots and that has been a weakness with the Oly...and I suspect it

    is
    > the same with most cameras with internal flash only. The A95 has no hot

    shoe
    > so I am looking at the slightly larger G6. Unfortunately it is more
    > expensive as well, but among other things it has a hot shoe. I have a

    Canon
    > Elan 7E 35mm SLR with a dedicated Canon 420EX Speedlite flash unit, and I

    am
    > wondering if and how well the 420EX would be compatible with the Powershot
    > G6 digital camera.
    >
    > Any and all advice and info appreciated.

    Yes.
    That flash is perfect for that camera (420EX).
    Also the 550EX and the new 580EX.

    Mark M, Oct 27, 2004
  4. "Bob Hayden" <> writes:
    >The A95 has no hot shoe
    >so I am looking at the slightly larger G6. Unfortunately it is more
    >expensive as well, but among other things it has a hot shoe.

    If the G6 is too expensive, consider any of G2/G3/G5. The differences
    between them are relatively minor, but the older "obsolete" cameras
    should be much cheaper, particularly used.

    >I have a Canon
    >Elan 7E 35mm SLR with a dedicated Canon 420EX Speedlite flash unit, and I am
    >wondering if and how well the 420EX would be compatible with the Powershot
    >G6 digital camera.

    The 420EX is compatible with any of the G series, at least as far back
    as the G2.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Oct 27, 2004
  5. Bob Hayden

    Robert Barr Guest

    Bob Hayden wrote:
    I am
    > wondering if and how well the 420EX would be compatible with the Powershot
    > G6 digital camera.
    >
    > Any and all advice and info appreciated.

    The 'how well' is a good question. The flash will work fine, but the G
    series don't utilize the flash's built-in focus assist. (This baffles
    me, since the G series need all the help they can get in that area).

    Robert Barr, Oct 27, 2004