    problem?

    Cheers,
    Leon

    Leon Dang, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Leon Dang

    Mark B. Guest

    "Leon Dang" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I fitted the 420ex with a Stofen omnibounce and quite a few pix came
    > out with flash blooming, ie the center of the image looks brighter
    > (almost orb like) than the rest. I can only account this to the flash
    > shooting down light onto the lens surface. I wished we were able to
    > fit a lens hood somewhere, but not very practical on such a camera.
    >
    > Does anyone notice this issue with their camera and how to stop the
    > problem?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Leon

    Did you tilt the flash head up or leave it straight ahead? If the latter,
    try aiming it up.

    Mark

    Mark B., Oct 9, 2003

  3. Leon Dang

    Michael Guest

    Or try this:

    http://www.pbase.com/trbrogan/g3_accessories

    Michael, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Leon Dang

    Leon Dang Guest

    I've been using the Omnibounce for a while now on my D60, and yes I do
    use it tilted at 45-60 degrees. It's just the G5 lens element seems
    short, so a "flood" of omnibouncing may have caused the center to
    bloom. I might put a card underneath the omnibounce to see if it stops
    the light from entering the G5 lens directly.

    Ah, Michael, thanks for the tip :) I have a Lumniquest Pocket bouncer
    for my other flash which I mainly use. Where there's a short ceiling,
    I just use that.

    Cheers,
    Leon

    Leon Dang, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Leon Dang

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I've been using the Omnibounce for a while now on my D60, and yes I do
    > use it tilted at 45-60 degrees. It's just the G5 lens element seems
    > short, so a "flood" of omnibouncing may have caused the center to
    > bloom. I might put a card underneath the omnibounce to see if it stops
    > the light from entering the G5 lens directly.

    A couple of things. First of all, if you try putting a card under the
    Omnibounce, you are going to block most of the light that would normally
    fall on the subject. Second, try this trick instead of the Omnibounce:

    http://twalker.d2g.com/pro90/flashtest/bouncecard.htm

    I think you will find that the results are superior to the Omnibounce.

    --
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Oct 10, 2003