    limiting factor for the read/write speed?

    Thank you for any guidance.

    TD

    TechDude, Jan 23, 2005

  2. TechDude

    Tony Hwang Guest

    TechDude wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone confirm if the G5 model will work without any issues on any make
    > of Compact Flash cards (1gb size) - as several cards say "make sure your
    > camera supports this size card"
    > Also, is it worth getting a "High Speed" card - or is the camera the
    > limiting factor for the read/write speed?
    >
    > Thank you for any guidance.
    >
    > TD

    Hi,
    I know it works with G1, so why not?
    Tony

    Tony Hwang, Jan 23, 2005

  3. "TechDude" <> writes:
    >Can anyone confirm if the G5 model will work without any issues on any make
    >of Compact Flash cards (1gb size) - as several cards say "make sure your
    >camera supports this size card"

    Canon cameras up to the G2, I think, were limited to 2 GB cards by the
    FAT16 filesystem. Starting with the G3 (again I think) there was
    support for FAT32 which will handle larger cards. But I haven't heard
    of any CF-using camera that couldn't handle a 1 GB card.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jan 24, 2005
  4. TechDude wrote:
    > Hi,

    []
    > Also, is it worth getting a "High Speed" card - or is the camera the
    > limiting factor for the read/write speed?

    A faster card will be noticeably faster when used for downloading in a USB
    2.0 reader, even if your current camera doesn't use the higher speed. I
    recommend SanDisk Ultra II (9/10 MB/s write/read).

    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 24, 2005