    Any advice concerning which is the better quality camera would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mina
    Larry, Oct 23, 2004

  2. Larry

    ed Guest

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
    news:clel1f$jt2$...
    > I am trying to decide between these two cameras. I know the Sony is fairly

    new
    > and have not seen any reviews of that camera.
    >
    > My main concerns are:
    > 1) great outdoor shots
    > 2) easy to see LCD viewer outdoors in bright light
    > 3) sharp images
    > 4) as little redeye as possible
    > 5) good in low light conditions
    >
    > Any advice concerning which is the better quality camera would be

    appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Mina

    Hey Mina,

    I have no hesitation in recommending the g3.

    The 50iso is magic for great outdoor shots!

    The LCD is clear, bright and sharp and can be flipped out and viewed by any
    direction.

    Image sharpness is perfect.

    Red-eye is a problem on all cameras with direct flash. The g3 has a hotshoe
    so putting on an external flash is simple

    This camera is excellent in low light conditions. I've done some award
    winning shots with this camera. The manual exposure can be set up to 15
    seconds. The lens is f2-f3 which is fast. At 50 iso the image is smoother
    than a baby's proverbial
    ed, Oct 24, 2004