    so the flash is of great concern, any thoughts on which camera to buy. Also,
    the G3 has a recorded sound of a shutter and I like that feature, does the
    4300 have that feature?

    Gregory Coats, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Gregory Coats

    AT Guest

    i am using that shutter noise in my a80, and i wonder if the vibration
    is influencing my pictures. i am starting to suspect this.

    "Gregory Coats" <> wrote in message
    > I have narrowed my search for a new camera to either the Canon G3 or

    the
    > Nikon 4300. Both are 4MP. Night time photos are of great importance

    to me,

    AT, Dec 22, 2003

  3. " AT" <> writes:
    >i am using that shutter noise in my a80, and i wonder if the vibration
    >is influencing my pictures. i am starting to suspect this.

    Unlikely. The noise seems to be produced by a tiny speaker that has so
    little moving mass it couldn't shake the camera much no matter how hard
    it tried.

    But it's easy to check for yourself: Set up the camera on a solid
    tripod or something similar, so you aren't holding it. Set the
    self-timer mode, and let that release the shutter, so your hands aren't
    anywhere near the camera when the shutter is released. Repeat this
    test twice, once with the shutter sound turned on and one with the
    sound muted. Use manual focus too, so the camera won't refocus between
    pictures. Check the images for any difference in sharpness. I'll bet
    there is none.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Dec 22, 2003