    out of it on this trip. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    - mark

    Mark Vieselmeyer, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Mark Vieselmeyer

    Mick Ruthven Guest

    I don't have any suggestions except to also post your message in the Canon
    Talk forum on dpreview.com.

    Mick Ruthven, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Mark Vieselmeyer

    AT Guest

    is it blank like in black?

    is there a button for display? try using it.

    also in the menu. see if you have activated the review.

    my .02

    AT, Dec 20, 2003
  4. " AT" <> wrote in message news:<S1MEb.76$>...
    > is it blank like in black?
    >
    > is there a button for display? try using it.
    >
    > also in the menu. see if you have activated the review.

    The display is on (I've tried all the modes), but it's blank like as
    if it had a lens cap on. I can take a picture, and it records it, but
    when I view it in replay mode it just looks like a picture taken with
    the lens cap on. Other pictures previously stored on the same CF card
    can be reviewed as usual.

    - mark

    Mark Vieselmeyer, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Mark Vieselmeyer

    AT Guest

    hmm weird. i think then canon should be given a call. sorry.
    AT

    AT, Dec 20, 2003
  6. Mark Vieselmeyer

    R2D2 Guest

    " AT" <> wrote in

    > hmm weird. i think then canon should be given a call. sorry.
    > AT
    >
    > "Mark Vieselmeyer" <> wrote in message
    >> " AT" <> wrote in message

    >> > is it blank like in black?
    >> >
    >> > is there a button for display? try using it.
    >> >
    >> > also in the menu. see if you have activated the review.

    >> The display is on (I've tried all the modes), but it's blank like as
    >> if it had a lens cap on. I can take a picture, and it records it,

    > but
    >> when I view it in replay mode it just looks like a picture taken

    > with
    >> the lens cap on. Other pictures previously stored on the same CF

    > card
    >> can be reviewed as usual.
    >>
    >> - mark

    It is time for your camera to visit the Canon graveyard!

    R2D2, Dec 20, 2003
  7. Mark Vieselmeyer

    JKad Guest

    What do you see if you look at the new picture files from the PC using
    zoombrowzer or other software??
    Have you tried to reformat the CF card in the camera, take new pictures and
    then get the same results??

    JKad, Dec 20, 2003
  8. Mark Vieselmeyer

    Zol. Guest

    Could also try the remote capture program and reseting the cameras menus to default (maybe
    something has got corrupt in there) - 2 more ideas worth trying, but it doesn`t sound good

    also if you use the zoom controls does the lens change when in record mode ?

    Zol., Dec 20, 2003
  9. "JKad" <> wrote in message news:<na_Eb.1696$>...
    > What do you see if you look at the new picture files from the PC using
    > zoombrowzer or other software??

    I haven't had much access to a computer, just the occasional internet
    cafe, and I'm lucky if I can even find a USB connection here in
    Jakarta.

    > Have you tried to reformat the CF card in the camera, take new pictures and
    > then get the same results??

    I stopped into a camera shop and they tried a different CF card with
    the same result, and the only thing they could recommend was to send
    it in to a service center. Just out of wishfulness I've been turning
    it on once or twice a day since then, and voila, this morning it was
    working again. I didn't do anything special, just turned it on in
    record mode and it was working. So hopefully it holds out to the end
    of my trip.

    Thanks, everyone for the replies and suggestions.

    - mark

    Mark Vieselmeyer, Dec 24, 2003
  10. Mark Vieselmeyer

    AT Guest