    for digital cameras. Any help would be appreciated..

    Thanks

    Peter

    Peter Kennedy, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Peter Kennedy

    Andy Guest

    "Peter Kennedy" <> wrote in message
    news:bg7r21$f2q$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just purchased a G3 and would like to know whether my old Metz
    > Megablitz flash will work on it or whether I need a special flash suitable
    > for digital cameras. Any help would be appreciated..
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Peter

    I think your Metz will work only on manual settings, but if you want to get
    every thing from flash unfortunately you will need Canon's dedicated flash
    for digital cameras , even Canon's "regular" film based flash will work
    only on manual .

    Andy, Jul 30, 2003

  3. On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:15:26 GMT, "Andy" <> wrote:

    >"Peter Kennedy" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I've just purchased a G3 and would like to know whether my old Metz
    >> Megablitz flash will work on it or whether I need a special flash suitable
    >> for digital cameras. Any help would be appreciated..
    >>

    >I think your Metz will work only on manual settings, but if you want to get
    >every thing from flash unfortunately you will need Canon's dedicated flash
    >for digital cameras , even Canon's "regular" film based flash will work
    >only on manual .

    Hi Peter,

    In many regards the Metz flashes are even better than the Canon ones, but it depends on your model
    which functions you can use. E.g. the Metz 54MZ-3 is capable of all modes: Manual, TLL, E-TTL, Auto,
    but you need the right adapter. It's best you check the compatibility of your flash out on the metz
    page:
    http://www.metz.de/1_metz_2000/m_pages_english/main_index_e.php3?link=4&sub=6&linkname=mecablitz

    Regards,
    Andreas