Canon G2?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gregory Coats, Dec 20, 2003.

  1. I am thinking about buying a Canon G2 and would like to talk to someone who
    has one. Or someone who wants to sell theirs.

    Gregory Coats, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Gregory Coats

    R2D2 Guest

    "Gregory Coats" <> wrote in
    news:cqPEb.217775$:

    > I am thinking about buying a Canon G2 and would like to talk to
    > someone who has one. Or someone who wants to sell theirs.

    Why would you want to buy a used camera? That is an invitation for hot
    pixels. And why such an old, outdated, unsupported model? If $$$ is the
    main reason, then you probably should not be buying a digital camera at
    all.

    R2D2, Dec 20, 2003

  3. "Gregory Coats" <> writes:
    >I am thinking about buying a Canon G2 and would like to talk to someone who
    >has one. Or someone who wants to sell theirs.

    Go ahead and ask your questions; there must be several G2 users here
    including myself. No, mine is not for sale.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Gregory Coats

    ehurwitz Guest

    It is an excellent camera, though if you can afford it, the G-3 offered
    several upgrades and can probably be found for not much more.

    That said, I've been using my G-2 for some time with no problems, even at
    weddings to supplement my film shooting. With a Stroboframe bracket and
    420EX I've gotten excellent pictures. I've printed 8x10s that look better
    than from film.

    ehurwitz, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Robert A. Barr, Dec 20, 2003
  6. Gregory Coats

    R. Radloff Guest

    Hi Gregory !

    "Gregory Coats" <> wrote:

    >I am thinking about buying a Canon G2 and would like to talk to someone who
    >has one. Or someone who wants to sell theirs.

    I have a 10D and also a G2, which is not on sale .... :)

    Take a look on my WEBsite with MANY photos (small and large and panoramas):

    http://g2.canaima.de

    All shots there were made with my G2.

    Maybe it helps you to take a decision.

    It is a great camera !

    CUL

    Ray

    R. Radloff, Dec 20, 2003
  7. Gregory Coats

    Zol. Guest

    "R. Radloff" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Gregory !
    >
    > "Gregory Coats" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I am thinking about buying a Canon G2 and would like to talk to someone who
    > >has one. Or someone who wants to sell theirs.
    > >

    > I have a 10D and also a G2, which is not on sale .... :)
    >
    > Take a look on my WEBsite with MANY photos (small and large and panoramas):
    >
    > http://g2.canaima.de
    >
    > All shots there were made with my G2.
    >
    > Maybe it helps you to take a decision.
    >
    > It is a great camera !
    >
    > CUL
    >
    > Ray

    I love the storm photos on page 16 of your gallery especially this one (
    http://www.choroni.net/Canon/5273.html) :) Your timing was excellent! Regards, Zol.

    Zol., Dec 20, 2003
  8. Gregory Coats

    AT Guest

    nice shots of caracas!!

    by the way, if you live there, good luck in the referendum.

    @

    AT, Dec 20, 2003