    W98SE.

    TIA,
    EJ in NJ

    Ernie Willson, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Ernie Willson

    Eric Miller Guest

    You need two pieces of software to run it under W98SE,

    First, you need W2K, and then you need Remote Capture from Canon.

    Eric Miller

    Eric Miller, Jun 13, 2006

  3. Ernie Willson

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Ernie Willson wrote:

    > I recently acquired a Canon G2. No software. I also have the USB
    > connection cord. Reading the literature about this camera I see that it
    > should be able to be controlled by a computer to get remote images
    > (similar to the S1IS). I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what
    > software I need to use the camera as a computer controlled remote under
    > W98SE.

    Canon provides a program called "Remote Capture". It comes bundled on
    a CD that is packaged with their cameras. As the name suggests, this
    program allows you to control the G2 remotely from a computer.

    Unfortunately it's not free. There probably will be a minimal charge
    for a replacement G2 software CD. You'll have to contact Canon or
    a Canon distributor to see...

    Jim Townsend, Jun 13, 2006