    before i went digital (seems so long ago ;-) when i had a 540EZ for my eos A2.
    thanks for any input.
    peter

    PrincePete01, Jul 16, 2003

  2. PrincePete01

    Mark B. Guest

    "PrincePete01" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > how is the balance and holdability (is that a word?) of the canon G

    cameras
    > with a 4xxEX or 5xxEX flash attached? would a small sidemount flash
    > bracket/handle be a good idea? is anyone using one they could recommend? i

    know
    > a bracket would require an off camera cord, which i still have from the

    days
    > before i went digital (seems so long ago ;-) when i had a 540EZ for my eos

    A2.
    > thanks for any input.
    > peter

    The 420EX is a good match for the Gx series, the 540EX would be a little big
    and top heavy unless you really need the extra power. I use the 420 on my
    G1, I think it's well balanced.

    Mark

    Mark B., Jul 17, 2003

  3. PrincePete01

    Guest

    I have used both the G2 and now the G3 with a 420EX. It is not the best
    balance but it is certainly acceptable. I also use that flash with one of
    the Stroboframe brackets and the off camera cord. That works great but it
    is just not the compact package that just the camera is.

    A bit of advice. You can't use the 540EZ usless you just want a manual
    flash. They do make a 550EX which is very similiar and will work fine with
    the G series but IMHO it is way to big even with the bracket combination.

    Which ever way you decide to go, good luck and have fun!!

    ospam (PrincePete01) wrote:
    > how is the balance and holdability (is that a word?) of the canon G
    > cameras with a 4xxEX or 5xxEX flash attached? would a small sidemount
    > flash bracket/handle be a good idea? is anyone using one they could
    > recommend? i know a bracket would require an off camera cord, which i
    > still have from the days before i went digital (seems so long ago ;-)
    > when i had a 540EZ for my eos A2. thanks for any input.
    > peter

    , Jul 17, 2003