    Just wondering how many G10 owners experience the "Service Notice: PowerShot
    G10: Lines Appear in Captured Images" phenomenon. I just broght my a week
    ago and I tried hard searching for it in my pics and so far found none.
    HL, May 8, 2009

  2. HL

    Sheila Guest

    HL wrote:
    > Just wondering how many G10 owners experience the "Service Notice: PowerShot
    > G10: Lines Appear in Captured Images" phenomenon. I just broght my a week
    > ago and I tried hard searching for it in my pics and so far found none.

    I've had my G10 since Christmas and mine does not have the lines either.

    --
    Sheila
    http://swdalton.com
    Sheila, May 8, 2009

  3. HL

    whisky-dave Guest

    "HL" <> wrote in message
    > Just wondering how many G10 owners experience the "Service Notice:
    > PowerShot G10: Lines Appear in Captured Images" phenomenon. I just broght
    > my a week ago and I tried hard searching for it in my pics and so far
    > found none.

    I thought it was only the early ones that had the problem there';s a batch
    of serial nos.
    mine isn;t amongst them but I do get annoying lines of vertical light from
    bright light
    sources when doing movies it's especially noticeable but I don;t think
    that's
    what they mean when they say 'lines'
    whisky-dave, May 8, 2009
  4. HL

    HL Guest

    Thats correct, its for a few of the serial number cameras. Here is the link:
    http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...oryid=222&modelid=17624&keycode=2112&id=57370
    My G10 is in the ***80**** category because although I just bought it a less
    than a week but it was slightly used (4 shots were taken). The original
    owner bought it in December. I don't think the recent ones are being
    recalled.

    HL, May 8, 2009
  5. HL

    Jeff R. Guest

    HL wrote:
    > Just wondering how many G10 owners experience the "Service Notice:
    > PowerShot G10: Lines Appear in Captured Images" phenomenon. I just
    > broght my a week ago and I tried hard searching for it in my pics and
    > so far found none.

    Mine is one of the affected ones - ***80***** category - and I have not seen
    this problem in over 800 shots.

    --
    Jeff R.
    Jeff R., May 8, 2009
  6. HL

    Guest

    On May 9, 12:41 am, "HL" <> wrote:
    > Just wondering how many G10 owners experience the "Service Notice: PowerShot
    > G10: Lines Appear in Captured Images" phenomenon. I just broght my a week
    > ago and I tried hard searching for it in my pics and so far found none.

    1100+ pics so far and never seen one. I am in the effective serial
    numbers too, but until I see a problem I won't be taking it back for
    service.
    , May 10, 2009