    and the S series (G7/9/10 vs S53 IS/S5 IS). They must be in a tight
    market,

    , Oct 23, 2008

  2. ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:47:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

    > I thought the S5IS series has been successful. Why change
    > to the SX name?

    Maybe the 'X' indicates 'eXclude', since the new models don't
    appear to allow the use of add-on filters or lens adapters.

    ASAAR, Oct 23, 2008

  3. * Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > I still do not understand why they did not choose the name of S7 IS or
    > S9 IS, but decided to use the SX series. I was almost fooled ...

    To understand the inner workings of a marketing person, is to enter a dark
    scary realm of no return. Marketing people are the scary evil larva of
    Political Spin Doctors...

    *, Oct 23, 2008
  4. Dudley Hanks Guest

    "*" <> wrote in message news:gdpv08$gc3$...

    > <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I still do not understand why they did not choose the name of S7 IS or
    >> S9 IS, but decided to use the SX series. I was almost fooled ...

    > To understand the inner workings of a marketing person, is to enter a dark
    > scary realm of no return. Marketing people are the scary evil larva of
    > Political Spin Doctors...

    Is one letter worth so much paranoia?

    Don't Worry, Be Happy,
    Dudley