Canon FS 4000 software

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by bmoag, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. bmoag

    bmoag Guest

    bmoag, Oct 31, 2003

  2. bmoag

    steve Guest

    thnx for that

    "bmoag" <> wrote in message
    news:FEvob.9181$...
    > If users of this machine are not aware of it: Canon has posted a software
    > upgrade that changes the version to 1.4 and significantly speeds up

    scanning

    steve, Oct 31, 2003

  3. bmoag

    steve Guest

    do you have any instructions for installing the upgrade . I cant find any

    steve, Nov 1, 2003
  4. bmoag

    FOR7b Guest

    >do you have any instructions for installing the upgrade . I cant find any

    Canon in its infinite wisdom chose to leave that out, at least prior to
    downloading. I was told in a scanner group to just run the app file and that
    instructions are in there somewhere. The supposed new improvements like better
    USB performance and tonal adjustments is not enough for me to use it. I would
    use it if sharpness could be turned off and FARE worked better. I use Vuescan
    with my FS4000 and it does a much better job at handling dust and doesn't
    sharpen unless I want it to. Vuescan will also allow you to batch scan.

    FOR7b, Nov 1, 2003
  5. bmoag

    martin Guest

    Instructions are attached in the zip file...

    martin, Nov 1, 2003
  6. bmoag

    Crecybattl Guest

    I tried the upgrade and now when FilmGet comes up, none of the options are
    bolded so I can't do anything.

    Crecybattl, Nov 11, 2003
  7. bmoag

    Robertwgross Guest

    Crecybattl wrote:
    >I tried the upgrade and now when FilmGet comes up, none of the options are
    >bolded so I can't do anything.

    Uhhh, are you sure that the scanner is ready? Like, with the slide or film
    holder in it.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Nov 11, 2003
  8. bmoag