Canon File Viewer Utility Being force to close down

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tim Rogers, Nov 17, 2005.

  1. Tim Rogers

    Tim Rogers Guest

    Had this problem about a month ago and reset my computer to factory settings
    which resolved it but it's happening again.

    I have Canons File Viewer Utility installed on computer for use with my
    Canon 300d. When I try to launch the program it breifly appears on the
    screen (1 second) and then promptly gets force to close.

    The only way in is to go to ZoomBrowser EX then goto View & Modify then
    Process Raw Images but then the File Viewer Utility doesn't have the 'tree
    view' nor can I delete Files from within the facility.

    Uninstalling/Installing it seems to have no effect so I assume that
    something may be 'forcing' this shut down OR there is a fault in the
    program. I haven't installed anything recently that might cause this to
    happen so is there a problem with the program itself (Verson 1.3.1.9 on
    Windows XP). I can't see that it is my computer as I have been VERY careful
    what I install.

    I have AVG + Zone Alarm running if that has any effect?????

    Any ideas????

    Tim
    Tim Rogers, Nov 17, 2005