  1. snowball

    snowball Guest

    Has anyone noticed problems with the above upgrade for a g3 using xp?
    snowball, Jul 11, 2003

  2. snowball

    Dave Guest

    I upgrade my PC to File Viewer, latest version, and did not have any
    problems. I realized I was taking a risk, because I had seen a couple
    references to problems on this newsgroup. However, was able to convert my
    D60 RAW files with no problem. I do NOT use this program to download files
    from my camera. I use card reader for that.

    Dave, Jul 11, 2003

  3. snowball

    snowball Guest

    Ok...more on this saga. Now i go to the knowledge site instead of drivers
    and see the same patch there without zip... it installs directly with no
    problems except there is no uninstall at add/remove like the zipped patch
    had at the driver site.I don't know whats going on....comments anyone?

    snowball, Jul 11, 2003
  4. snowball

    Basiltoo Guest

    "snowball" <> wrote in

    > Ok...more on this saga. Now i go to the knowledge site instead of
    > drivers and see the same patch there without zip... it installs
    > directly with no problems except there is no uninstall at add/remove
    > like the zipped patch had at the driver site.I don't know whats going
    > on....comments anyone? "snowball" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone noticed problems with the above upgrade for a g3 using xp?

    No problems with the upgrade BUT what an absolutely DIRE piece of
    software this is. It is impossible to navigate around the computer
    properly (in XP anyway) and they still haven't fixed the high contrast
    problem for the G3 - I don't know if it is the same for other supported
    cameras.

    I use Breezebrowser and only upgraded the Canon software in the hope
    that the dlls would have been fixed for Breezebrowser.

    --
    Regards,
    Baz

    http://www.trevellan.co.uk