    --
    Regards
    Ken Parkins

    Kenneth Parkins, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Kenneth Parkins

    Sorby Guest

    "Kenneth Parkins" <> wrote in message
    news:FL2vc.134$vK4.76@newsfe5-win...
    > When viewing pictures on my Canon S50's LCD I occasionally get an error
    > message saying something like "incompatible jpg" - could this be a camera
    > malfunction or just a spurious occurrence?

    Do you occasionally transfer images from your PC to your camera's memory
    card?

    If so then it is possible that you are also transferring a photo index or
    thumbnail data file (created by your preferred image processing software).
    These files are not recognised by the camera and might be causing the error
    message you're getting.

    --
    Sorby

    Sorby, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Kenneth Parkins

    Ed E. Guest

    > When viewing pictures on my Canon S50's LCD I occasionally get an error
    > message saying something like "incompatible jpg" - could this be a camera
    > malfunction or just a spurious occurrence?

    Could be a flaky memory card, or possibly something stopped the camera when
    saving the file such as opening the battery or compact flash door.

    Ed E., Jun 1, 2004
  4. Thanks for your suggestions but this happens in the camera directly after
    taking the shot with me doing nothing else.

    --
    Regards
    Ken Parkins

    Kenneth Parkins, Jun 1, 2004
  5. Kenneth Parkins

    Zol. Guest

    I would definetely try another CF Card, try the one that came with the camera for a while
    and see if you get the same messages.

    Zol.

    Zol., Jun 1, 2004
  6. In article <h75vc.162$oj.59@newsfe2-win>, says...
    > Thanks for your suggestions but this happens in the camera directly after
    > taking the shot with me doing nothing else.

    Your camera is infested with evil spirits. Burn it immediately!

    Brian C. Baird, Jun 1, 2004
  7. Kenneth Parkins

    Ed E. Guest

    > Thanks for your suggestions but this happens in the camera directly after
    > taking the shot with me doing nothing else.

    What brand memory card are you using? Like Zol said, try a different card
    and see if the problem goes away.

    I had a film body that would occasionally lock up because the way it
    determined if the battery door was closed would sometimes act up.

    Ed E., Jun 1, 2004