Canon EOS Digital Rebel Owners.. Quick shutter speed question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by rutman, Mar 20, 2005.

  1. rutman

    rutman Guest

    could you please set your camera to Tv mode and try to set your
    shutter at a higher number than 200? Mine for whatever reason is
    topping at 200.. I could have sworn the manuals says it can go up as
    high as 4000
     
    rutman, Mar 20, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. "rutman" <> wrote:
    >
    > could you please set your camera to Tv mode and try to set your
    > shutter at a higher number than 200? Mine for whatever reason is
    > topping at 200.. I could have sworn the manuals says it can go up as
    > high as 4000


    Put down (or take off) the flash...

    David J. Littleboy
    davidjl@it's.not.a.bug.it's.a.feature.com
    Tokyo, Japan
     
    David J. Littleboy, Mar 20, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. "David J. Littleboy" <> wrote in message
    news:d1j6fn$g25$...
    >
    > "rutman" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> could you please set your camera to Tv mode and try to set your
    >> shutter at a higher number than 200? Mine for whatever reason is
    >> topping at 200.. I could have sworn the manuals says it can go up as
    >> high as 4000

    >
    > Put down (or take off) the flash...


    Or set your ext flash to high-speed.
     
    Dave R knows who, Mar 20, 2005
    #3
  4. rutman

    rutman Guest

    boy do i feel like a noob!

    I wish the manual would say say :)


    thanks guys!


    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:17:10 GMT, "Dave R knows who"
    <> wrote:

    >
    >"David J. Littleboy" <> wrote in message
    >news:d1j6fn$g25$...
    >>
    >> "rutman" <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> could you please set your camera to Tv mode and try to set your
    >>> shutter at a higher number than 200? Mine for whatever reason is
    >>> topping at 200.. I could have sworn the manuals says it can go up as
    >>> high as 4000

    >>
    >> Put down (or take off) the flash...

    >
    > Or set your ext flash to high-speed.
    >
     
    rutman, Mar 20, 2005
    #4
  5. "rutman" <> wrote:

    > boy do i feel like a noob!


    Don't. These things do you all sorts of "favors", and until you've figured
    out what and why they're doing those things, they're nearly
    incomprehensible.

    People use to rant at the F707 because with the flash up, it would never set
    the shutter speed slower than either 1/30 or 1/60, depending on the zoom
    setting.

    People now rant at the 300D/20D because they don't do that<g>!

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
     
    David J. Littleboy, Mar 20, 2005
    #5
  6. rutman

    Gizmo Guest

    "rutman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > boy do i feel like a noob!
    >
    > I wish the manual would say say :)
    >


    That'll teach you not to bother reading the intruction manual ;o))
     
    Gizmo, Mar 21, 2005
    #6
  7. rutman

    Confused Guest

    David wrote:

    > ...
    > People use to rant at the F707 because with the flash up,
    > it would never set the shutter speed slower than either
    > 1/30 or 1/60, depending on the zoom setting.


    I like my F717...but now that I'm partially dSLR edumacated it doesn't
    get very much use.

    > People now rant at the 300D/20D because they don't do that<g>!


    LOL...

    [searching messages for those rants...] <VBG>

    Jeff
     
    Confused, Mar 21, 2005
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Michael

    Canon digital rebel owners - speak up!

    Michael, Dec 14, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    24
    Views:
    807
    Rupert
    Dec 17, 2003
  2. BPO
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    6,201
  3. asdf jklsemi

    EOS Digital Rebel shutter problem after "err 99"

    asdf jklsemi, Aug 30, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    451
    Charles Schuler
    Aug 30, 2004
  4. Todd H.

    Quick Canon EOS 300D/ Digital Rebel Review

    Todd H., Sep 21, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    363
    Todd H.
    Sep 21, 2004
  5. fatboybrando

    EOS 300D & EOS 300D Rebel

    fatboybrando, Mar 26, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    465
    fatboybrando
    Mar 26, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page