    spring everyone was speculating on the new models, but nothing has shown up.
    Thoughts on Canon's timeline?

    Thanks.

    Donald Specker, Jul 12, 2007

  2. Donald Specker

    just bob Guest

    "Donald Specker" <> wrote in message
    news:5lrli.5298$CJ4.1558@trndny08...
    > Having opted to wait to buy a digital SLR, I'm now wondering if there will
    > be a successor to the 5D this calendar year. In the late winter/early
    > spring everyone was speculating on the new models, but nothing has shown
    > up. Thoughts on Canon's timeline?

    Lots of rumors the 5D MkII is on it's way perhaps in the fall. If true, I
    expect it to be priced about the same as when the 5D was released: $3200.

    A non-pro friend has been waiting for full-frame prices to come down for two
    years as he thought by now he'd get a full-frame for $1500. You see, he did
    not want to make an investment in EF-S lenses. But finally he's given up and
    decided to stay in the consumer line and get the EF-S 10-22mm for his 1.6x
    crop body. Good choice, for him, IMO.

    just bob, Jul 12, 2007

  3. Donald Specker

    Yoshi Guest

    "Donald Specker" <> wrote in message
    > Having opted to wait to buy a digital SLR, I'm now wondering if there will
    > be a successor to the 5D this calendar year. In the late winter/early
    > spring everyone was speculating on the new models, but nothing has shown
    > up. Thoughts on Canon's timeline?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I can think of few things more pathetic than obsessing about new Canon
    DSLR's.

    Yoshi, Jul 12, 2007
  4. Donald Specker

    King Sardon Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:28:08 -0700, "just bob" <kilbyfan@aoldotcom>
    wrote:

    >"Donald Specker" <> wrote in message
    >> Having opted to wait to buy a digital SLR, I'm now wondering if there will
    >> be a successor to the 5D this calendar year. In the late winter/early
    >> spring everyone was speculating on the new models, but nothing has shown
    >> up. Thoughts on Canon's timeline?

    >Lots of rumors the 5D MkII is on it's way perhaps in the fall. If true, I
    >expect it to be priced about the same as when the 5D was released: $3200.
    >
    >A non-pro friend has been waiting for full-frame prices to come down for two
    >years as he thought by now he'd get a full-frame for $1500. You see, he did
    >not want to make an investment in EF-S lenses. But finally he's given up and
    >decided to stay in the consumer line and get the EF-S 10-22mm for his 1.6x
    >crop body. Good choice, for him, IMO.

    The 10-22mm is an excellent choice. Anyway, you can do almost
    everything with the smalller sensors that you can do with a 5D.

    KS

    King Sardon, Jul 12, 2007
  5. Donald Specker

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    "Yoshi" <> wrote in message

    > "Donald Specker" <> wrote in message
    >> Having opted to wait to buy a digital SLR, I'm now wondering if there
    >> will be a successor to the 5D this calendar year. In the late
    >> winter/early spring everyone was speculating on the new models, but
    >> nothing has shown up. Thoughts on Canon's timeline?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > I can think of few things more pathetic than obsessing about new Canon
    > DSLR's.

    Is one of them actually giving a shit about someone else obessing about a
    new DSLR?

    Kinon O'Cann, Jul 13, 2007