    --
    Benny
    *******

    Benny, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Benny

    JK Guest

    Benny wrote:

    > Sorry- I thought they were on the market in some places already, going on
    > all those press releases

    Don't the press releases list an official release date of September 20th?

    JK, Sep 3, 2003

  3. "Benny" <> writes:

    > I have just ordered one of these babies- they arrive in Australia in
    > October. I plan to use it in conjunction with a laptop. There is not much
    > detail here about what they come with, apart from a lens- can folks who are
    > already using the 300D comment on how they like it, and what accessories
    > they think are useful ?

    Note, what accessories that come with the camera often times vary with the
    region the camera is released in. I believe that it doesn't come with any
    media cards, so you might want to order some CF cards. A lot of people
    (including me) like having a multi-coated UV filter to protect the lens, though
    there is a school of thought that says any extra glass can lead to lens flare
    and image degradation, and that you should just be more careful with the lens
    and not use a filter. A circular polarizing filter is also quite useful,
    particularly when shooting in the sun.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Sep 3, 2003
  4. Benny

    Albert Voss Guest

    On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:11:23 +1000, "Benny"
    <> wrote:

    >I have just ordered one of these babies- they arrive in Australia in
    >October. I plan to use it in conjunction with a laptop. There is not much
    >detail here about what they come with, apart from a lens- can folks who are
    >already using the 300D comment on how they like it, and what accessories
    >they think are useful ?

    - A lens shade if not included in the package

    - the 17-55 mm lens as a kit bundled to the body (even if it only as
    good as the money that its costs its a goog starter anyway)

    - the handgrip (I had the old Rebel and liked the handgrip very much,
    because the body is really small for bigger hands)

    - the viewfinder extender helps much for people with glasses, could be
    that the old one fits on the 300D too.

    - a pcmcia /cardbus CF-reader. Its much faster than to attach the body
    to the laptop for transfers.

    Albert

    Albert Voss, Sep 3, 2003
  5. Benny

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Benny wrote:

    > Sorry- I thought they were on the market in some places already, going on
    > all those press releases about the camera being launched. " Launch"
    > obviously doesn't mean the same to the gang at Canon PR department as it
    > does to the rocket boys in Canaveral or Kazhakstan :)

    Or Woomera ;-)

    I don't know about 'launch', but there's a difference between when a product is
    announced and when it actually goes on sale.

    I think the 300D won't be shipped until mid-late September.. (This could vary
    by region)

    I follow rec.photo.digtial daily, and haven't seen any first hand user reports
    here.... yet.

    Jim Townsend, Sep 3, 2003
  6. Benny

    Benny Guest

    Re: Canon EOS 300D- good tips

    Thanks to all who responded- especially Albert and Michael (see below) -
    some good tips for a digital newbie like me.
    --
    Benny
    *******

    Benny, Sep 4, 2003
  7. Benny

    Steve D Guest

    On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 19:44:22 -0400, "Mark B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Benny" <> wrote in message
    >> I have just ordered one of these babies- they arrive in Australia in
    >> October. I plan to use it in conjunction with a laptop. There is not much
    >> detail here about what they come with, apart from a lens- can folks who

    >are
    >> already using the 300D comment on how they like it, and what accessories
    >> they think are useful ?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Benny
    >> *******
    >>

    >It hasn't arrived ANYWHERE yet. Watch dpreview.com for a full review by the
    >end of the week.
    >
    >Mark

    How about let's play "which country the 300D shows up in first"
    game....
    Steve

    Steve D, Sep 4, 2003