    n Guest

    I see on the parameters there is an Adobe RGB setting.
    If I use Photoshop should I set this as standard or Adobe RGB or what?
    n, Nov 24, 2003

  2. n

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "n" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I see on the parameters there is an Adobe RGB setting.
    > If I use Photoshop should I set this as standard or Adobe RGB or what?

    Unless most of your work is going to be used for pre-press and be converted
    to CMYK for printing on press's use the sRGB and set your color space in
    Adobe to sRGB.

    Most all devices used for printing of photo images (Frontier, Noritsu,
    inkjets, etc) are RGB and will "flatten" the colors from Adobe.
    --
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power
    is inherent in the people; ...that it is their right and duty to be
    Bob Hatch, Nov 24, 2003

  3. n

    n Guest

    "Bob Hatch" <> wrote in message news:<bpteq8$1sc3ik$-berlin.de>...
    > "n" <> wrote in message
    > > I see on the parameters there is an Adobe RGB setting.
    > > If I use Photoshop should I set this as standard or Adobe RGB or what?

    > Unless most of your work is going to be used for pre-press and be converted
    > to CMYK for printing on press's use the sRGB and set your color space in
    > Adobe to sRGB.
    >
    > Most all devices used for printing of photo images (Frontier, Noritsu,
    > inkjets, etc) are RGB and will "flatten" the colors from Adobe.

    I am trying to do what you have suggested. I took some raw format
    photos (CRW in my canon d10) with the paramaters set as adobe rgb. Now
    I am trying to open the file in adobe and it says the document has an
    embedded colour profile that does not match the current RGB workspace:
    use embedded, discard embedded or convert the colours to the working
    space.

    What should I do?
    n, Nov 25, 2003
  4. n

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "n" <> wrote in message

    > I am trying to do what you have suggested. I took some raw format
    > photos (CRW in my canon d10) with the paramaters set as adobe rgb. Now
    > I am trying to open the file in adobe and it says the document has an
    > embedded colour profile that does not match the current RGB workspace:
    > use embedded, discard embedded or convert the colours to the working
    > space.
    >
    > What should I do?

    sRGB in the camera. sRGB in Adobe. Do not use Adobe RGB. Pretend that Adobe
    RGB is a non-existent thing, a fairy tale.

    Use only sRGB.
    Bob Hatch, Nov 25, 2003
  5. n

    n Guest

    "Bob Hatch" <> wrote in message news:<bpv2jl$1q8lbq$-berlin.de>...
    > "n" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I am trying to do what you have suggested. I took some raw format
    > > photos (CRW in my canon d10) with the paramaters set as adobe rgb. Now
    > > I am trying to open the file in adobe and it says the document has an
    > > embedded colour profile that does not match the current RGB workspace:
    > > use embedded, discard embedded or convert the colours to the working
    > > space.
    > >
    > > What should I do?

    > sRGB in the camera. sRGB in Adobe. Do not use Adobe RGB. Pretend that Adobe
    > RGB is a non-existent thing, a fairy tale.
    >
    > Use only sRGB.

    Haha! OK, But on the camera the only parameter options are:

    standard
    Adobe RGB
    Set 1
    Set 2
    set 3
    set up

    So, how do I pick sRGB from that lot? : )
    n, Nov 26, 2003
  6. n

    Don Coon Guest

    "n" <> wrote in message
    > "Bob Hatch" <> wrote in message

    > > "n" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > I am trying to do what you have suggested. I took some raw format
    > > > photos (CRW in my canon d10) with the paramaters set as adobe rgb. Now
    > > > I am trying to open the file in adobe and it says the document has an
    > > > embedded colour profile that does not match the current RGB workspace:
    > > > use embedded, discard embedded or convert the colours to the working
    > > > space.
    > > >
    > > > What should I do?

    > > sRGB in the camera. sRGB in Adobe. Do not use Adobe RGB. Pretend that

    Adobe
    > > RGB is a non-existent thing, a fairy tale.
    > >
    > > Use only sRGB.

    > Haha! OK, But on the camera the only parameter options are:
    >
    > standard
    > Adobe RGB
    > Set 1
    > Set 2
    > set 3
    > set up
    >
    > So, how do I pick sRGB from that lot? : )

    Standard
    Don Coon, Nov 26, 2003
  7. n

    Chris Cox Guest

    In article <bpv2jl$1q8lbq$-berlin.de>, Bob Hatch
    <> wrote:

    > "n" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I am trying to do what you have suggested. I took some raw format
    > > photos (CRW in my canon d10) with the paramaters set as adobe rgb. Now
    > > I am trying to open the file in adobe and it says the document has an
    > > embedded colour profile that does not match the current RGB workspace:
    > > use embedded, discard embedded or convert the colours to the working
    > > space.
    > >
    > > What should I do?

    > sRGB in the camera. sRGB in Adobe. Do not use Adobe RGB. Pretend that Adobe
    > RGB is a non-existent thing, a fairy tale.
    >
    > Use only sRGB.

    Bob - you really need to learn what you're talking about before spewing
    bad advice to people.

    The camera can do better than sRGB, and the printer can do better than
    sRGB -- so why throw away your colors by using sRGB?
    There is a reason that professionals recommend USING Adobe RGB.

    Chris
    Chris Cox, Nov 29, 2003
  8. "Bob Hatch" <> wrote in

    > "n" <> wrote in message
    >> I see on the parameters there is an Adobe RGB setting.
    >> If I use Photoshop should I set this as standard or Adobe RGB or
    >> what?

    > Unless most of your work is going to be used for pre-press and be
    > converted to CMYK for printing on press's use the sRGB and set
    > your color space in Adobe to sRGB.

    sRGB is a color space crippled gamut designed for CRTs by manufacturers
    such as HP et al, it is not what you should use. If you shoot raw it
    doesn't matter what you set your 10D to but convert to Adobe RGB and
    use it in Photoshop as far as you can, converting to sRGB only when
    absolutely needed in situations like Web display, etc.
    Mike Latondresse, Nov 29, 2003