Canon EOS 10d & Nissin 4800gt Flash

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by fredbasset, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. fredbasset

    fredbasset Guest

    Hi
    I've got a Canon EOS 10d and now that I've finally worked out that my
    original Canon lens's are not compatible with regards to focussing and have
    now bought a couple of Sigma lens's that are designated for digital use. I
    have to say that I am just about pretty happy with the camera and its sharp
    results.

    I have also got a Nissin 4800gt bracket flash which over the years has
    proved itself to be both reliable and very accurate with its built in
    exposure calculations.

    I feel really comfortable when using this flash / camera combination as it
    provides a very comfortable hand grip along with a fairly powerful flash
    output.

    So far I have not tried it with the 10d because someone told me that it
    might be the wrong voltage and could burn out the electronics in the camera,
    but I am dying to be able to connect it up.

    Canon will not give me an answer because they want to sell their own flash
    guns, but they are not nearly as good as this one.

    I have searched the web and found an American site filled with just about
    every flash ever made and its individual compatibilities with modern digital
    camera's and it says quite clearly that this flash is ok to use with the
    10d.

    But I'm still a bit worried. How can I really find out if it is OK. Does
    anyone here have any knowledge of this gun or how I can test it for
    compatibility or anywhere that I can go to find the answer.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Regards
    Gerry
    fredbasset, Jun 11, 2004

  2. "fredbasset" <> wrote in message news:<cac62e$b85$>...
    > Hi
    > I've got a Canon EOS 10d and now that I've finally worked out that my
    > original Canon lens's are not compatible with regards to focussing and have
    > now bought a couple of Sigma lens's that are designated for digital use. I
    > have to say that I am just about pretty happy with the camera and its sharp
    > results.

    Oh man, are you going to get it from our herd of 12 year olds...
    George Preddy, Jun 11, 2004

  3. In article <>, George
    Preddy <> wrote:

    > "fredbasset" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > I've got a Canon EOS 10d and now that I've finally worked out that my
    > > original Canon lens's are not compatible with regards to focussing and have
    > > now bought a couple of Sigma lens's that are designated for digital use. I
    > > have to say that I am just about pretty happy with the camera and its sharp
    > > results.

    > Oh man, are you going to get it from our herd of 12 year olds...

    Talking to yourself again, George?
    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 12, 2004