    every other website is out of stock on the EOS 10d.
    Does anybody have any insight into this, it lookslike either canon is
    having manufacturing difficulties or is there a Succesor for this.

    Anil S, Sep 17, 2003

  2. According to Anil S <>:
    > I had ordered a EOS 10d with mwhse and was informed that there is a
    > big backlog in supply of the camera( their order into the mfr on
    > june/july 2003 has not yet been fulfilled). I also notice that almost
    > every other website is out of stock on the EOS 10d.
    > Does anybody have any insight into this, it lookslike either canon is
    > having manufacturing difficulties or is there a Succesor for this.

    It's likely the new Digital Rebel, or 300D is occupying all of Canon's
    production lines.

    --
    eth'nT
    http://www.hydrous.net

    Ethan Trewhitt, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Anil S

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    According to Canon - as of a month ago - they are making 30,000 10Ds a
    month -- that means suppleis will be tight for the foreseeable future as the
    camera has really taken off. I see their 70,000 a month plan for the 300D as
    too low also.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto