    bought one a couple of years ago on the strength of this. The zoom is a non
    USM model - and I assume is type I as opposed to type III.

    Thanks for the help.

    techD, Jun 23, 2006

  2. techD

    Rutger Guest

    "techD" <> schreef in bericht
    news:VdOmg.369$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Canon 75-300mm telephoto zoom lens, which I used to use with my
    > old 35mm 1000f EOS body.
    >
    > Is this lens compatible with the Canon Digital bodies - if so which ones?
    >
    > I was once told that all EF EOS fit lens were compatible - and nearly
    > bought one a couple of years ago on the strength of this. The zoom is a
    > non USM model - and I assume is type I as opposed to type III.

    No problem. All Canon EF-lenses are suitable for all EOS cameras.

    Rutger

    --
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/

    Rutger, Jun 23, 2006

  3. "techD" <> writes:
    > I have a Canon 75-300mm telephoto zoom lens, which I used to use
    > with my old 35mm 1000f EOS body.
    >
    > Is this lens compatible with the Canon Digital bodies

    Yes.

    > - if so which ones?

    All of them. However, the FOV will be different from you film body
    unless you get an EOS 5D, EOS 1Ds or EOS 1DsII.

    > I was once told that all EF EOS fit lens were compatible - and
    > nearly bought one a couple of years ago on the strength of this.

    At least those made by Canon. Older EF-mount Sigmas may give you
    problems.
    Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z

    Gisle Hannemyr, Jun 23, 2006
  4. techD

    SimonLW Guest

    "techD" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Canon 75-300mm telephoto zoom lens, which I used to use with my
    > old 35mm 1000f EOS body.
    >
    > Is this lens compatible with the Canon Digital bodies - if so which ones?
    >
    > I was once told that all EF EOS fit lens were compatible - and nearly
    > bought one a couple of years ago on the strength of this. The zoom is a
    > non USM model - and I assume is type I as opposed to type III.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.

    It is an EF type lensmount so it will fit on any Canon EOS film or digital
    SLR body. IOW, it will fit on all Canon dSLRs.
    -S

    SimonLW, Jun 23, 2006
  5. techD

    techD Guest

    SNIP:

    t is an EF type lensmount so it will fit on any Canon EOS film or digital
    > SLR body. IOW, it will fit on all Canon dSLRs.
    > -S

    Does it also retain the AUTOFOCUS ability when used on the D-SLR ???

    Thanks for the help.

    TD

    techD, Jun 23, 2006
  6. techD

    Rutger Guest

    "techD" <> schreef in bericht

    > SNIP:
    >
    > t is an EF type lensmount so it will fit on any Canon EOS film or digital
    >> SLR body. IOW, it will fit on all Canon dSLRs.
    >> -S

    > Does it also retain the AUTOFOCUS ability when used on the D-SLR ???

    All autofocus Canon EF lenses will.

    Rutger

    --
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/