    Is there a reason why this lens doesn't have IS?

    Thanks in advance!

    See ya...Jerry

    Jerry, Sep 6, 2003

  2. Jerry wrote:
    > Is there a reason why this lens doesn't have IS?

    It would make it twice as expensive... and a killer for EF 28-135 USM IS.
    --
    Jaroslaw Banachowicz

    Jaroslaw Banachowicz, Sep 6, 2003

  3. Jerry

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    In article <bjdb8k$g6e$05$-online.com>,
    says...

    [snip]

    >It would make it twice as expensive... and a killer for EF 28-135 USM IS.

    I was concerned about using this lens and doing sports (football & soccer)
    without a tripod.

    See ya...Jerry

    Jerry, Sep 7, 2003
  5. Jerry

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <bjdb8k$g6e$05$-online.com>,
    > says...
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > >It would make it twice as expensive... and a killer for EF 28-135 USM IS.

    > I was concerned about using this lens and doing sports (football & soccer)
    > without a tripod.
    >
    > See ya...Jerry

    Use the rule of thumb that says your minimum (slowest) shutter speed
    should the the reciprocal of the focal length. So let's say you were
    using the 28-200 at the max zoom. On the 10D with the 1.6x multiplier,
    that is 320mm. So you need to set your shutter speed to no slower than
    1/320 sec. If you are outdoors in the daytime, this should be no
    problem. Remember also that you can boost the ISO on the 10D to 800
    before you even start to see noise so that helps considerably as well. I
    wouldn't worry about using the 28-200 without a tripod.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Sep 7, 2003
  6. Tony is always so helpful.

    "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote

    Monica Krowley, Sep 7, 2003
  7. Jerry

    incabloc Guest

    Re: Canon EF 28-200mm/shutter speed rule of thumb.

    I don't agree. The crop in the 10d is the equivalent of taking a picture
    with a 35 mm camera and then snipping off the outer few millimeters around
    the entire frame. It doesn't matter what is behind the lens capturing the
    image or how big it is - if the image is steady enough for full frame then
    it is steady enough for a cropped frame. The bottom line is the image
    projected by the lens onto the imaging medium hasn't changed at all by
    switching cameras and imaging media.

    Anyone else care to give their opinion?

    incabloc, Sep 7, 2003