Canon Drivers!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Peter Schade, Jun 15, 2005.

  1. Peter Schade

    Peter Schade Guest

    I 've got an E-Mail from Canon Support

    here it is:

    Dear Peter,

    Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a Canon
    customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

    At this time Windows XP 64 bit is not a currently supported operating
    system. We do not have any information as to when any support for WinXP
    64 will exist.

    Thank you for choosing Canon.

    Sincerely,

    Karl
    Technical Support Representative

    they will have no interests in satisfy Costumers
    sell and forgot

    that will be my last Canon next time I'll buy an HP Printer!!!!
    Peter Schade, Jun 15, 2005

  2. Peter Schade

    Rick Mogstad Guest

    I have a canon printer, and many others I know have canon printers, and they
    have probably the best support out of any of them.

    Have you ever actually contacted HP support?

    Rick Mogstad, Jun 15, 2005

  3. I spoke with Canon (Canada) over the phone a couple of days ago.

    They disclosed to me: the only product they currently are working on X64
    drivers for, is a scanner called 9950.

    When I told them I use both a Canon scanner (not a 9950) and some Powershot
    cameras, they disclosed they'll develop X64 drivers "depending on demand
    for'em"

    So, in order to use Canon products on a single computer one has to stick to
    a dual boot configuration and switch back and forth until X64 drivers are
    available.

    When some trade in their old XP /2003 OS for the new X64 OS they can't use
    Canons products anymore if no X64 drivers are available.

    I would assume that there will be enough demand though.. hopefully..
    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=, Jun 15, 2005
  4. Peter Schade

    John Barnes Guest

    Same response I got, but there are a number of Canon printer drivers built
    into x64. Check them out and try ones that may be close. You may get some
    functions for now.

    John Barnes, Jun 15, 2005
  5. Peter Schade

    Peter Schade Guest

    Support only on 32 bit divers.

    Support on 64 bit !....than you have to try out the German Support and ask
    for 64 bit drivers or Suse/Novell Linux Drivers!!! worst case......
    most time auto reply and that was all.
    and the mail says something like: we give your problem to the working group
    ....or to headqarter...or someting else
    and then nothing.
    what will say we are not interesting in satisfy costumers only got their
    BUKS
    e-mails from Costumers direkt way into the round basket under table

    best if you like good Jokes is symantec Norton
    send 4 exactly the same mails to them and got 5 absolutely different answers

    HP no Prob. I'll give them a call and in most times I got a fix in one an
    hour.
    they will send me a downloadlink to got the files or give me a call from a
    "professional technican"

    OK Homepage will be worth same like Microsoft...you can got all you
    need....if you'll find what you need
    no clear structure!!!!
    Jungle feeling...it's for the Apes...
    so I go direct to MS Technet clear structure good answers and direct to the
    downloadlink

    all Drivers for HP you need will be in Final release XP Pro x64 Edition an
    MS certified!
    That will be real support give a fix for a Problem befor a Costumer will ask
    for!!!

    and not like other, if several thousend Costumers are on there knees and
    praying for drivers
    maybe they will start with programming next year or later or neverever

    Peter Schade [IT-SE, CCNA]

    Peter Schade, Jun 15, 2005
  6. Peter Schade

    Dennis Guest

    Yep, I had the same problem and response from Canon. I have a Canon Printer
    and a Canon Scanner. I have managed to get another driver that is included
    in the x64 to work fine with the Printer, but NO luck at all with the
    Scanner.

    What are Canon playing at really, it seems like they are supporting the
    Larger Business type items, but what about us individual PC users who have
    used Canon products for ages and now need there support.

    Shameful, I call it.

    Dennis

    Dennis, Jun 15, 2005
  7. RE: "Have you ever actually contacted HP support?"

    I take the liberty to answer that question:

    Yes, and it went really smooth, had a broken HP printer exchanged under
    warranty within 48 hours ( in Canada ), so I'll continue to use HP's
    printers.

    My HP printers work in X64, it's a Deskjet 720c and a Deskjet 5550 (Deskjet
    5550 uses Deskjet 990c drivers under X64 with no problems)

    cheers
    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=, Jun 15, 2005
  8. Peter Schade

    John Barnes Guest

    What printer model do you have and what built in driver did you use? Will
    probably help others here.

    John Barnes, Jun 15, 2005
  9. Matt <> wrote:
    > RE: "Have you ever actually contacted HP support?"
    >
    > I take the liberty to answer that question:
    >
    > Yes, and it went really smooth, had a broken HP printer exchanged
    > under warranty within 48 hours ( in Canada ), so I'll continue to use
    > HP's printers.
    >
    > My HP printers work in X64, it's a Deskjet 720c and a Deskjet 5550
    > (Deskjet 5550 uses Deskjet 990c drivers under X64 with no problems)
    >
    > cheers

    Hi,

    You'll find a better driver for your hp's on www.planetamd64.com
    It still in beta but working very well

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 15, 2005
  10. Peter Schade

    Peter Schade Guest

    I check divers exactly only for 4 or 5 older ones
    no S Series
    no I Series
    It's an S9000 B3/A3 color printer...
    I have also a Powershot A 80 same.........
    Peter Schade [IT-SE, CCNA]

    Peter Schade, Jun 15, 2005
  11. Peter Schade

    Peter Schade Guest

    Thanks I'll will look there fordrivers round about 18 months
    but no need all drivers are in XP Pro x64.....MS Certifyed

    Peter Schade [IT-SE, CCNA]

    Peter Schade, Jun 15, 2005
  12. Peter Schade

    Peter Schade Guest

    bad luck I ask for drivers for my S9000 its a B3/A3 Color Printer round
    about 700$ last year
    is it not expensive enougth?
    I try also sending Mails from our IT-Systems Computer Shop....same.

    Peter Schade [IT-SE, CCNA]

    Peter Schade, Jun 15, 2005
  13. I have an i950, and i860 and an i560.. nothing works from x64 right now.
    I also have a LiDE80 and a 1220u scanner. Again, none work.
    I have an ancient Lexmark Optra S Laser Printer. Everything finds it and
    every operating system prints to it.

    So if I want to print or scan in color, it means walking to another PC or
    restarting in another O/S!

    Cari
    (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Jun 16, 2005
  14. I'm frustrated too (no driver for my S800). But I followed a tip from this
    NG and installed the BJC-8000 driver that comes with the XP 64 OS, and it
    works. I don't have all the fancy options that the 32 bit S800 driver gives
    me, but at least I can print.

    So, you can try to install another driver for a model that is close to
    yours. If you're lucky it may work.

    Bruno.

    Bruno Jouhier [MVP], Jun 16, 2005
  15. Peter Schade

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks for giving both your printer and driver that works. Most postings
    here leave out one or the other and it's nice it works for them but NO help
    to anyone else.

    John Barnes, Jun 16, 2005
  16. Peter Schade

    Dennis Guest

    I have the S630 and was advised to use the BJC-8000 driver which worked. I
    have not actually tried ALL the fancy stuff, but I can get my printer to
    PRINT as it is supposed to, within reason, but NO Scanner drivers though.

    Dennis, Jun 16, 2005
  17. "Dennis" <ddls11646remove > wrote in:

    > NO Scanner drivers though.

    What scanner do you have?

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>
    David R. Norton MVP, Jun 16, 2005
  18. LOL I just threw my Canon away and bought a HP

    I agree 1000%

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWFuIExvcmQgW1BST25lVHdvcmtzXQ==?=, Jun 16, 2005
  19. Peter Schade

    Dennis Guest

    I have the Canon Canoscan LiDE 30

    Dennis

    Dennis, Jun 16, 2005
  20. "Dennis" <ddls11646remove > wrote in:

    > I have the Canon Canoscan LiDE 30

    This may or may not work, it worked for my Microtek V6UPL. Install the Canon
    drivers for 32 bit XP, decorate the .inf file as per this article:

    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/64INF_reqs.mspx

    If it doesn't work, you've lost only a few minutes.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>
    David R. Norton MVP, Jun 16, 2005