    confirm what they experience?

    Thanks in advance,
    Plug.
    Plug, Sep 30, 2003

  2. "Plug" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I half-press the shutter the red dots flash once to indicate
    > which points have focus even though i still have focus and am still
    > half-pressing the shutter. This makes it very difficult to see which
    > points have focus, especially in A-Dep mode.
    > On the film-based rebel, the green rectangles would fill in and stay
    > filled. The digital rebel manual and on-line reviews say that the
    > focus point leds illuminate - which makes me think they should stay
    > illuminated rather than blink once briefly. Can any other users
    > confirm what they experience?

    I confirm your observation. Also, try releasing and half-pressing several
    times and you should notice that the focus points sometimes change. I have
    been using this when not wanting to change modes and seeking a different set
    of points (it doesn't always work exactly as one wants but it is quick and
    easy to try).
    Charles Schuler, Sep 30, 2003

  3. > I confirm your observation. Also, try releasing and half-pressing several
    > times and you should notice that the focus points sometimes change. I have
    > been using this when not wanting to change modes and seeking a different set
    > of points (it doesn't always work exactly as one wants but it is quick and
    > easy to try).

    If you can set it to use just one point, you'll be better off.
    Randall Ainsworth, Sep 30, 2003